• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Schwab’s Bratwurst (from Braum’s), air frier French fries, kraut, and dill pickle
    Do you sauté the kraut or just rinse it and eat it? I like to cook brats in a skillet with beer and onion. Once the beer cooks off add the kraut and heat the kraut in the fat from the brats along with the onions.

Having ate fresh home made kraut canned & jar kraut just don’t get it. I’m fine eating brats with just caramelized onions and a spicy brown mustard.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Your culinary skills are far better than mine. Of the jar krauts I like Claussen’s so far the best. I generally don’t rinse kraut, but I tend to like it more sour (northern German, as opposed to the southern German where they add apples to soften the flavor).
    In my late teens we boiled brats in beer then grilled them. Lots of Hot Dog shops back home and they all tended to sell brats as well. A lot of them were served with caramelized onions and a cold pack pickle spear.

Brats were mostly old school German made brats. A local meat processor made really unbelievable brats. One meat market I worked I had a regular customer that bought 10 pounds of brats that I made for the extra garlic and mustard seeds that I added to them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg

Smoked a couple of yardbirds.
    I made a a garlic, lemon, rosemary basting paste that was delicious.

Top Bottom