• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The HEBs had beef shoulder roast for $3.47/#. Smoked one last night on the Pit Biss, and it turned out pretty decent for a cheap cut of meat. Bonus: burnt ends with eggs and biscuits this morning before church!
    View attachment 474528
    What we use to call the blade on a shoulder or arm roast makes a for a very good choice to smoke. If you are familiar with a bone in pork butt its the muscle group that is in that curled over bone part.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Did it used to be called a shoulder clod?
    The clod refers to the entire shoulder.When I stopped working the packing house change it up where you could get either separated in two different boxes. The Flat Iron steak come from the blade, and has become more popular. Early on in my apprenticeship one guy said the blade steak run thru the tenderizer made the best CFS. The whole blade makes a killer roast s there is a seam down the middle that becomes gelatinous. TV French chef Jacques Pépin who taught me to cook makes a pot roast out of them.

crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    Tonight is air fryer teriyaki chicken legs, buttered white rice with sweet corn, sweet tea, and I am making another batch of cinnamon rolls, just waiting on them to rise...I cut them up in single portions, after they are baked and frosted, and freeze them then, if they last a couple days, I will vacuum seal them individually... Last batch didn't make it to the vacuum sealer, lol...
    IMG_20240917_221825533.jpg

1000001248.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom