Target Sports

What would you pay for a Walther PPK/S Stainless?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knight1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    Houston/Pearland
    Don't have any pics, it's in pretty good shape. Some scratches, but overall it looks all right and fires with no issues. Very accurate. A buddy of mine is trying to sell it to me. Just thought I'd pick ya'lls brains a bit.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    New the MSRP is about $850. 500 rounds through the pistol is hardly even broken in IMO.

What is it worth to you though? Reason I ask, in today's market, with all things firearms and related, it's quite a crazy market. So what is the pistol worth to you as to what you are willing to spend to acquire it? Are you willing to go above the current market value to buy it?

Personally, I'd like to have another Walther PPK, and for the right amount, I'd buy one, but I don't want or need one bad enough that I would go above what the MSRP is on a new one, just to own another one. That's me though.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    S&W Ppks is not as good as a Walther Ppks.

A genuine Walther (German mfg in blue) will fetch over a grand in today’s market.

There are far better .380 handguns than the old PPKs.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    You are looking at a great pistol, however there are several more modern pistols for less money . I quit carrying my PPK and replaced it with a SIG . Unless you like the history you should at least try shooting some of the newer weapons... PP and PPK sights pretty much suck!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You are looking at a great pistol, however there are several more modern pistols for less money . I quit carrying my PPK and replaced it with a SIG . Unless you like the history you should at least try shooting some of the newer weapons... PP and PPK sights pretty much suck!
    Pocket pistol & pocket pistol Kurtz are not really meant to be aimed!

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Pocket pistol & pocket pistol Kurtz are not really meant to be aimed!
    You are correct, I moved on to a P7 PSP in 9mm with Trijicon sights in 1985 , not much bigger and good out to 50 yards for plinking. Carried the PPk in Norway back in the 70's and the P7 in Iraq and Bosnia as a backup to my 1911 (never cared for the M92) My current backup to my Kimber Pro Covert 11 .45 is a Kimber Micro 9 which I practice weekly with at 25 yards --way better than a PP or PPK. My theory is why have a point and shoot only when you can have a pistol capable of aimed fire on target at 25-50 yards with a bigger punch and for fewer American dollars.
    The PPK is still a classic!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom