• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    I admire your attitude. But let me ask you to clarify. It seems this means if there's a total gun ban where you had to turn them in, assuming they didn't give you permission to own a gun, that you'd shoot them when they came to inspect your property?

I'm not there yet...I think I'd hide my gun first.

r-gray, I need to ask you a few questions. Please answer them honestly and understand that I am not asking these to seem hostile towards you in any way. I just want to make you think a bit.

Do you support the Constitution of The United States Of America?

If you support the Constitution then how can you make the statement above about hiding your gun in the face of an attack on the Constitution and the foundation of this Nation?

Again, I am not asking these two questions to seem hostile towards you. But I do want you to think. Your statement would be a campaign banner for complete Stalinistic search seizure and where are your papers control because the libtards cant trust us to hand over our guns and be good little subjects for the safety of our children.

If an all out ban gets passed there will be complete confiscation after the next event. False flag or not they will come for our guns. Wont matter that criminals will break the law anyway they feel like doing it so the ban and confiscation will matter little to them. But the law abiding citizen will be turned into a subject on multiple levels.

We will be subject to the whim of the government, including the whim if they so wish of suspending elections and becoming a dictatorship or whatever other banana republic government they wish to create.

We will also be subject to the whim of the criminals as we will have no way of defending ourselves against their illegal guns. Or we ourselves will become criminals if we hide our guns.

You may not think the way some do about this subject now, but do take a long hard think about it.

One saying that I always try to follow, Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Radioman

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Now that NSA or others are surely on post, here's my salute to those who would make law abiding citizens fear them..............

Here's my regular salute to NSA and others who would spy on us and try to make us fear them. This is my raised middle finger to all of the bums who think they are above the law and entitled to intimidate their fellow Americans who are abiding by the law. FXXX You!

Now I shall go play with my little dog Jake and enjoy the freedoms that they work so hard to curtail.

To my fellow TGT members, once again, thanks for allowing this little detour.

.......................xx
    .....................xxxx
    .......xx....xx....xxxx...xx........xxx
    .....xxxx..xxxx..xxxx..xxxx......xxxx
    ...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....xxxxx
    ..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx....xxxxx
    ...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..xxxxx
    ....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Flash
    art credit: AKMike Thanks!

Flash

This is worth repeating :D Thanks for the laugh Flash.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Unfortunately I live across the street from a LEO, (former DPD, now on a small town force), who's bragged about how many CHL's he's taken for various reasons. I have no doubt he'd be one of the first to start confiscating firearms.

Messy, to say the least. As others have said, there would most likely be numerous incidences of individuals or small groups resisting.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Unfortunately I live across the street from a LEO, (former DPD, now on a small town force), who's bragged about how many CHL's he's taken for various reasons. I have no doubt he'd be one of the first to start confiscating firearms.

Messy, to say the least. As others have said, there would most likely be numerous incidences of individuals or small groups resisting.

At least you know to leave the area should it ever get to that point. I'm sure we can find you a safe house.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Ya know we can debate this all day and night!! But in the end each man and woman. Must look inside themselves!!
    Know this no one makes it off this rock alive.!!! Untill The lord GOD comes back, none leaves here alive.
    So now ask yourself this( what are you prepared to do) (sean connery the untouchables) what are you willing to die for?
    What are you willing to leave your children? You can play at this all day. But when and if they come for you what are you going to do huh?
    Spare me the false bravado the bs, are you willing to die for what you belive in?
    Just like the boys at war now? Or the viet nam vets. Or ww1 or ww 2? You can bury them all you want, But for me i aint going out like that.
    To many lives have been lost to go out like that!!!
    I have a grandson thats deserves better than to have a punked out grandfather!!
    You do what you feel, But when i meet my maker i will stand on my own two feet!!
    That is the TEXAS way!!!

Last edited:

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    While I appreciate the sentiment, I don't believe I could live the rest of my life running from the law. Hell, I'm too old to run

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Not saying your right or wrong as we all have our opinions

But what would you do next. You would not be able to use it for any reason or you would be caught pretty quickly so why not just turn it in.

I can see many people doing this and sinking further and further in to oppression while there guns rust in in ground. ( I realize you didn't mention burying but it is a common theme)

I'd want to keep it around nearby and bring it back into the house and/or carry it when the search and siezures stop. So if the economy tanks and we have gangs going around for money and food, etc., I could defend myself and my family. I'm thinking we'd hear about local searches first, then I could hide it until the heat blows over.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm gonna be 30 this year I'm not married and I'm single, I've never been in the military but growing up my brushes with the law. I realize I'm ready to get it on when it comes right down to it don't care much for being pushed around or abused by my supposed betters in Washington.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    People who brag about stuff like that are usually lying. He cant "take" a CHL.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    r-gray, I need to ask you a few questions. Please answer them honestly and understand that I am not asking these to seem hostile towards you in any way. I just want to make you think a bit.

Do you support the Constitution of The United States Of America?

If you support the Constitution then how can you make the statement above about hiding your gun in the face of an attack on the Constitution and the foundation of this Nation?

Again, I am not asking these two questions to seem hostile towards you. But I do want you to think. Your statement would be a campaign banner for complete Stalinistic search seizure and where are your papers control because the libtards cant trust us to hand over our guns and be good little subjects for the safety of our children.

If an all out ban gets passed there will be complete confiscation after the next event. False flag or not they will come for our guns. Wont matter that criminals will break the law anyway they feel like doing it so the ban and confiscation will matter little to them. But the law abiding citizen will be turned into a subject on multiple levels.

We will be subject to the whim of the government, including the whim if they so wish of suspending elections and becoming a dictatorship or whatever other banana republic government they wish to create.

We will also be subject to the whim of the criminals as we will have no way of defending ourselves against their illegal guns. Or we ourselves will become criminals if we hide our guns.

You may not think the way some do about this subject now, but do take a long hard think about it.

One saying that I always try to follow, Plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Radioman
    Sure I support the Constitution. And I still believe I'd hide my gun when I hear of local search and siezures. The other option would be to keep it handy in the house, and lose it when they stop by and search. I suppose I could turn them away, but surely they'd call for more backup. I'd eventually have to fight or give in. With their organization and my aloneness with no organized resistance, I don't believe I'd win.

Now, perhaps the neighbors could organize and fight them off wih our little band, but they'll just get a bigger band. They can operate this way if they only search one neighborhood at a time. When I hear of local neighborhoods being searched, I'll hide my handgun.

That's where I'm at. Perhaps you have some other options. I want to win, not just stand there when they take my gun because I believe I shouldn't have to hide my Constitutionally sanctioned handgun.

Last edited:

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    People who brag about stuff like that are usually lying. He cant "take" a CHL.

I used the wrong phrasing earlier; he'd bragged about how he'd been able to get many CHL's revoked using the "power" of his occupation. From what I know of him, I don't doubt he's at least tried.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Still has a manure smell to it. Sounds like he may very well be a prick and give some CHL holders a hard time but our rules are pretty straight forward. I'm not sure how he could get many revoked when there are very few who do things to get them revoked.

You should egg his house, lol.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    He didn't get into details on how many or what all; he did mention "quite a few" for failure to notify. Of course, that was before the law was changed. He did not like it when I informed him of the change. We haven't talked much since then....

I'm praying for an expected windfall to come in soon. When it does, I'm taking his ass to court for another matter.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I admire your attitude. But let me ask you to clarify. It seems this means if there's a total gun ban where you had to turn them in, assuming they didn't give you permission to own a gun, that you'd shoot them when they came to inspect your property?

I'm not there yet...I think I'd hide my gun first.

Dont wait to long to get there.
    here is an excerpt i found illustrating what happens when you do.

the full interview and more infor is found here

Q.)
    Did the camp inmates ever bring up the topic, "If only we were armed before, we would not be here now"?
    A.) Many, many times. Before Adolph Hitler came to power, there was a black market in firearms, but the German people had been so conditioned to be law abiding, that they would never consider buying an unregistered gun. The German people really believed that only hoodlums own such guns. What fools we were. It truly frightens me to see how the government, media, and some police groups in America are pushing for the same mindset. In my opinion, the people of America had better start asking and demanding answers to some hard questions about firearms ownership, especially if the government does not trust me to own firearms, why or how can the people be expected to trust the government?
    There is no doubt in my mind that millions of lives could have been saved if the people were not "brainwashed" about gun ownership and had been well armed. Hitler’s thugs and goons were not very brave when confronted by a gun. Gun haters always want to forget the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, which is a perfect example of how a ragtag, half starved group of Jews took up 10 handguns and made asses out of the Nazis.

---------------------

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    I am in no wise an expert, but I have come to the conclusion you never know what a person will do when faced with a decision. Some people will roll over, others will become Chuck Norris on Bath Salts. I doubt it will ever come to a team of Gun Collectors standing at our doors. It will be a lot more subtle and insidious than that.

Wag the Dog.

Top Bottom