APOD Firearms

What will they come up with next? CCW upgrades. LCP Max and Shield Plus.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    This whole small gun, large capacity fever fascinates me. You say you carry a small pistol but you want it to shoot a large number of rounds. A friend of mine is a retired Dallas cop. During his service he was involved in three active shooter events. He said each event was over in seconds and his revolver only held 6 rounds. He said he never needed more than two or three rounds to get the job done.
    We as a society get hung up on what is new and popular, not so much common sense these days.
    As they say "to each his own". The firearms manufacturers love you guys.
    I am less worried about capacity as I am with being able to keep my follow up shots on target. I find the small guns far too snappy for my liking. I'll take a full size that's harder to conceal all day. I don't care if I am printing or not. Just a personal preference I guess.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    We as a society get hung up on what is new and popular, not so much common sense these days.
    Your right, technological advancements suck ass. We should still be packing flintlocks. Then your cop buddy would only have to carry three pistols to "get the job done".

1639086354765.png

Last edited:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Each to their own. I have been carrying for over 30 years. The only micro firearm I will trust my life to is a snub-nosed wheel gun. I have always carried full size pistols and dressed around them. Currently carrying a full size Beretta 92x. It isn't the round count as much as it is the efficiency that I use it. Most of the malfunctions of semi auto pistols I have personally witnessed have been with micro pistols. For all those that can shoot the wee little pistols well enough to put your life on the line with, I salute you. Until I find one that works as well as a full size for me, as the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Your right, technological advancements suck ass. We should still be packing flintlocks. Then your cop buddy would only have to carry three pistols to "get the job done".
    Looks like I over estimated the intelligence level of the audience.

The point I was trying to make is this, if you are even in a situation where you feel you need to use your firearm this will probably be the situation:
    1. The assault will be sudden and you won't have time to worry about what size firearm you are carrying. How many rounds it holds or if it is snappy.
    2. You probably won't even look at the sights. Your mind will be racing trying to figure a way out of your situation. That is why they teach instinct shooting.
    3. If you are dumb enough to stay in one place long enough to fire 13 to 17 rounds, may God help you. The Army taught us to save our ammo and move to a better position if the threat persisted.
    4. My cop friend had actual hands on experience with the use of deadly force. I think he killed two of the three guys that attacked him. The rest of get our knowledge from gun magazines or U Tube videos. I prefer to receive my knowledge from one who had to put his life on the line.
    It is a free world. I am moving on to other topics of interest.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    Looks like I over estimated the intelligence level of the audience.

The point I was trying to make is this, if you are even in a situation where you feel you need to use your firearm this will probably be the situation:
    1. The assault will be sudden and you won't have time to worry about what size firearm you are carrying. How many rounds it holds or if it is snappy.
    2. You probably won't even look at the sights. Your mind will be racing trying to figure a way out of your situation. That is why they teach instinct shooting.
    3. If you are dumb enough to stay in one place long enough to fire 13 to 17 rounds, may God help you. The Army taught us to save our ammo and move to a better position if the threat persisted.
    4. My cop friend had actual hands on experience with the use of deadly force. I think he killed two of the three guys that attacked him. The rest of get our knowledge from gun magazines or U Tube videos. I prefer to receive my knowledge from one who had to put his life on the line.
    It is a free world. I am moving on to other topics of interest.
    For someone questioning peoples intelligence, you sure do have the grammar of a middle school child.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    He's probably spending more time training
    I hope he is.

To be clear, I carry a J-frame from time to time and I don't feel particularly under-gunned when I do. With that said, I think its extremely naïve/ignorant to espouse that having more rounds at your disposal is a bad thing (Fudd speak) or that they know how others would handle any situation. Some choose to insult those they do not agree with. That's fine. I'm aware my use of dry humor and sarcasm is lost on some individuals. Some have thicker skin than others.

Top Bottom