Patriot Mobile

What should I expect to pay at the gun show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The 4th Gens cost more from wholesellers, so don't be pushed away if one is a little more than a Gen 3.

I frankly haven't seen any killer deals at a gun show, at least to the effect that I'd throw down money right there.
    ARJ Defense ad

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    Looks like I just bought a used gen 4 glock 17 from a seller in TX. The seller said he shot less than 50 bullets with it.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Looks like I just bought a used gen 4 glock 17 from a seller in TX. The seller said he shot less than 50 bullets with it.

Another one of those people that has shot less than 100 rounds threw their gun. . . . . Sorry, an inside joke. All guns are TGT have had less than a box of rounds threw them. Not that having 1K rounds through a Glock will do anything bad to it, but whatever. . . . .

Congrats on the gun. We'd like to see picks and a range report. : )

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    I spoke to him on the phone before buying. He sounds legit. Explained that he had a few glocks including 2 other 17. Bought the gun a month ago and shot less than 50 rounds then decided to get something else and needed some money for that project. So the old wife said, something gotta go.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I spoke to him on the phone before buying. He sounds legit. Explained that he had a few glocks including 2 other 17. Bought the gun a month ago and shot less than 50 rounds then decided to get something else and needed some money for that project. So the old wife said, something gotta go.
    no doubt you are getting a good deal. Go pick it up and practice, practice, practice!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    Step one join GSSF Cost $35, step two buy 4th gen 17 for $425.00 + Tax Step three enjoy your new toy

Got mine for $398.20 using my GSSF coupon at GT Distributors. Glock got it right!!! I love my Gen4G17

G17Gen4001.jpg

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    OK. Gun will be here on Monday so I'll probably take it shooting on Tuesday.

A few questions.

- What do you guys recommand as training ammo? Something that is cheap and easy to get at Walmart / Academy etc.

- What do you recommand as home defense ammo? I'm thinking something with power but that will not go through a target and hit someone else.

- Night sights? Do you really need them? It seems like the most common upgrade.

- I'm thinking of getting the Glock tactical light for home defence situations. Should I go Glock or 3rd party?

- Holster for CHL? I plan to get CHL just to make it easy to carry the gun around. Probably not going to carry it around on a daily basis.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Tyler, TX
    I'd recommend you take a basic handgun course.

As for ammunition types, lights, lasers, etc....accessories are just like women: Blonde, brunettes, red-heads, etc...it all depends on you.

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    I'm ex Israeli Air Force and even though this is the first gun I actually own I have shot many guns before and I'm very familier with gun safety and operation. I plan to do a CHL anyway.

The reason I never owned a gun before is because you have to get a licence for a gun in Israel and it is very hard to get. I teach martial arts and plan to add a lot of self defence stuff and gun disarming is one of those things. It's a bit dumb teaching gun disarming without even owning a gun.

c_m_shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise
    Shoot whatever is cheap to practice. Go check your local Walmarts and Academy. The cheapest I have found any ammo recently has been the AIM surplus website. You'll probably want to keep it loaded with +P hollowpoints from a name brand maufacture, but make sure you shoot a box of them through the gun to make sure it is reliable with them first.

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    I got the gun today. It was exactly as advertised. Even had some of Glock's orange anti size still on the rails. I installed the bigger back strap on it and it feels great.

Took it to bullet trap in Plano. Shot 200 rounds of cheap remington and then a clip of hollow point. One small hickup when I loaded the mag and didn't notice it wasn't all the way in.

I like it very much.

Top Bottom