ARJ Defense ad

What should I expect to pay at the gun show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    I want to buy my first gun. A gen 4 glock 17. I hear the gun shows are the cheapest place to buy. What should I expect to pay at the gun show next week in Dallas as opposed to the retail price?

I'm interested in buying a stock gun or one with night sights. Can they install the sights at the show?

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Can't say I saw any deals on current model, new handguns at the last show(for me) in Austin. Perhaps you will have better luck. I picked up my G17(not a gen 4) at Red's North for a fair price a while back.

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    I'm just trying to figure out if I should wait or not. I saw the gun at the store for $589 with regular sights. Seems expensive to me.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    I've looked at the GSSF option. That price seems to be right for a 3rd gen model and I can't find a participating dealer in Plano/Dallas to confirm the price for a 4th gen.

dublin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    You can also check Gun Genie for local prices. GalleryofGuns.com - Gun Genie I actually got a pretty good deal recently on a Remington 870. The company/distributor is Davidsons, haven't had to return anything yet but they've got a lifetime replacement guarantee on guns purchased.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Cabela's had police trade in G17's for $350~ a while back. Gen 3 I believe.

You should be able to find a NIB G17 for around $500 -$525 with standard factory sights. Add $60 -$70 for nights.

What do you like so much about the Gen 4? the fish gills?

Staying local will save you shipping and FFL fees, but you will pay sales tax (you're supposed to pay that on out of state internet purchases but virtually no one does) If you decided to buy on the internet here are two very trusted vendors.

SCP Firearms - Products
    Glock Handguns for Sale

and then there is always buds.
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_cat_search.php?cated=26&manufacturers_id=137&ITATR_list[2]=&ITATR_list[3]=4370&ITATR_list[4]=&ITATR_list[5]=&ITATR_list[6]=&ITATR_list[8]=&ITATR_list[9]=&ITATR_list[0]=

and this local vendor that I've bought several guns from
    SportingArms.com - Product Search Results

All that said, these prices don't vary much + - $15. Not worth anguishing over IMO. Find the gun you want, and if it's in the ball park buy it and don't look back.

I know a lot folks are down on CTD, but I bought my G19 there for $489 and they installed night sights while I filled out the paperwork for the price of the sights.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Step one join GSSF Cost $35, step two buy 4th gen 17 for $425.00 + Tax Step three enjoy your new toy

Best thing I done in a while. Joined and got my certificate and went to GT Dist and bought the G23 RTF for $398 + tax. It is a win win deal. The hardest thing is waiting for the mail lol.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    Glocks run about 500 if you find the right tables. I bought a G23C a couple of months ago for 5 and a G19 a couple of weeks ago for 5. With tax it's 541 and some change. Next is the G26. Might have to sell the 10/22 to make up the rest. lol

Zoti

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Plano
    On the 4th gen I like the feeling of the grip and the fact you can change the backstrap. I like the bigger magazine release and in general I prefer an updated model.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    There were a couple of 4th gen glocks. Im pretty sure they were around the same price as the 3rd gen Glocks. I bought the 3rd gen because I wasn't too sure about the new grips on the 4th gens. But I'll probably end up getting one anyways.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No "deals" to be had on Gen 4 Glocks right now....high demand, low supply. Just be patient....have already seen several on Texas Gun Trader.
    You will pay retail at a gun show but get to see lots of other cool stuff while there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom