What reasonable gun do you want, but haven't pulled the trigger on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    I have been in Abilene for a few days and decided to check stock at a local store for a Gen 5 17L MOS.
    As we were going to be driving right by said store I looked up their website and it says they have stock on at least one of the Gen 1,3 & 5 and prices are surprisingly reasonable. About $30 more than I can get it in my area but he is currently out of stock. As websites are notoriously not updated I give them a call. Yep in stock but at $40 more than listed on website. Called the guy out on it and he says those prices are set by mfg. but off the wall quotes the Gen 3 at website price (which I didn’t ask about).
    Drove past the store twice yesterday in our travels and thought hard both times about stopping in and making a cash money offer for the website price but didn’t do it.
    Guess I saw it as a bait and switch pricing plan and I’m not playing.

Cassivellaunus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2023
    Arlington, TX
    So I'm looking at either the Aero M4E1 complete upper w/ the enhanced handguard no forward assist 16". Or BCM Standard 16" upper.

I like that the Aero enhanced handgurd has a larger diameter than other handguards but I'm really leaning towards the BCM and I kinda want the "cope button". I was looking hard at the PSA Sabre CHF FN barreled uppers for a while but the BCM is about $40.00 cheaper and the Aero is cheaper still.

Forty bucks I can put into the lower fund. I'm still vacillating on what lower I want. I'm looking at a PSA lower either the Sabre with the Hiperfire RBT trigger or the standard w/ the enhanced polished trigger. Or I may just build one. My budget is around 1 grand.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Lately, I have been thinking about getting: a Beretta 30X Tomcat or a Beretta PMXS. I prefer my guns to mostly be practical.I think the 30X Tomcat would have a practical use for self defense. As for the PMXS, it is less likely that I'd get one no matter how neat I think it looks because I think it more flashy and cool rather than practical.Yet, if they ever add a brace to the pistol or come out with the same in a carbine, then I might go for it.

glenbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    CZ Scorpion Micro to replace the one that was stolen. I have a brace and 5 30-round magazines, just can't quite imagine why it would be better for anything than any semi-auto with 18+ round magazines at a third of the size and weight, but the same firepower.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blake86
    Top Bottom