• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    Like most folks, I have carried a pocket knife since I a very young kid.

I have carried a Leatherman in my left front pocket since the mid-ish...90's, and I still do now that I'm retired.

In the Oilfield, if I needed more than my Leatherman - it was time to call the Crew....
    71YJ7za3erL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is on my key chain that I hang off of my Belt Loop with all the other Klap Trap I carry...:turkey:
    8105csJcODL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    ^^^

My Montana husband worked in a highly restricted LOCKED UP office here in town. Plus in other places with the same profession but way back when - they were not so RESTRICTIVE about keys/cards even if many of the other doors were LOCKED UP. He is retired now.

He always carries 1 or 2 knives on him. He carried a pocket/folding knife on him in his pocket when he worked. He wore jeans more than cargo pants when he NO longer had to wear a 'suit' and tie and traveled in the past for his work. Even with a suit or tie type of REQUIRED dress code clothing - he had a folding/pocket knife ON HIM.

No more cargo pants for him as of now - I do not know if he will ever want any of them again. But even when he WORE cargo pants for a very BRIEF TIME @ work and mostly JEANS @ work and ALL other times - he ALWAYS had and still has a LEATHERMAN multi tool kit or a SAK MT kit on his leather belt.

Someone would need a knife or a tool even if they worked a high stress 24/7 office DESK JOB and, 9 out of 10 times, those people WENT to my Montana husband. You name the shift - he had it on him and OFF WORK too.

Plus he used his pocket or folding knife for his apples or meals. He did NOT have a STAND ALONE coffee break or a lunch AWAY from his desk.

He ate at his desk and there was NO one to cover for him. That went for the other people who did the same 24/7 job as him.

They did NOT eat in a 'lunch room' or GO OUT TO EAT once they started their high stress job. A quick run to the bathroom or to get coffee/tea/water or their food OUT of the refrigerator - kitchen. By the telephones, boards, computers and desks.

Old Lady Cate

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    ZT 0450CF

Almost exclusively used to finely slice and peel cigar caps. Nice replacement for my lost Benchmade 710, only sleeker, lighter, and all around more pleasant to carry.

d66486b1e941ced899f61a1fcc124c67.jpg
    I have been carrying the ZT 0770CF for about 11 years now. I have carried many knives throughout my life, and I can honestly say it has been the best EDC I have owned. Opens just about as easy as a switchblade.

Nice looking knife!

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    A Kershaw 1596 Spec Bump, a Ken Onion design, S30V blade. Looks like the one in this photo. Made in the USA and mine is date stamped July 2007. I guess I've had it just about that long. It isn't all that heavy and large, but if I need to wear dress slacks or a suit, in my limited collection I have a Spyderco folder that has a nylon handle and isn't an assisted-opener. Super lightweight and disappears in any pocket.

A knife that I almost never carry still has a soft spot in my heart. It's a CTRK, tanto-blade folder that I got at a John Farnham advanced pistol course for coming in second place (timed) in the practical test to pass the class.

I'm at best mediocre (and I was younger then; this was around 2009, and I slower now), but I was the first one to volunteer to run the course and passed on the first try. I won't say where the class was held, but two local SWAT officers were in the class, had been assigned as team captains for the course evolutions, and I was the last person schoolyard-picked for either team.

Neither of the SWAT guys passed the test in fewer than 10 attempts. Everybody repeated the test in the order in which they first shot it, so SWAT was still at it almost an hour after I'd run the course, packed up my stuff, propped up my feet, and enjoyed iced tea in the shade watching the activities. Ah...fond memories. :)

Top Bottom