• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA

D.H. Russell Canadian Belt Knife​

This is the Original Design that started it all. It is our D.H. Russell Canadian Belt Knife which has been in production since 1957.

Original Design

This was my MT husband's knife and he gave it to me. I have the original leather sheath that came with it too. It is the OVERLAP style (ARMY) that holds the knife securely and it has a very secure leather BELT LOOP. It was bought in the early to middle 2000s. He had his FFL man special order this DHR - CBK and some other knives at the time.

It is very easy for me to use LEATHER sheaths with my old hands.

He had another knife like this one and it is made by another company. That one is nice and he gave it to me too.

I only use FIXED BLADE knives as I have stated before.

The other very nice, classic, BEAUTIFUL, well known brand names, newer and older FOLDING and pocket knives that I had were gifted to him, some other people, a few were sold by him and several were gifted to some charities that support Veterans - shelters and soup kitchens.

My MT husband owned far more knives in his lifetime than I ever did too. Just like when it came to his former firearms.

My late husband had several NICE, top name brand and QUALITY made knives from a to z but he did not own TONS of them!

Grin.

We did have specific knives for VERY specific purposes. He was a KNIFE MAN just as my late Dad, my late Mom, my late 'Aunt' C - the lawyer, my older brother, etc. were when it came to CARRYING and using KNIVES from a to z!

My MT husband is a KNIFE man. I am not a man but I could be called a KNIFE lady.

Most of MY generation always carried a KNIFE on them AND still do CARRY a knife on them even if it was ONLY a folding pocket knife. (OLD threads here.)

This INCLUDES when carrying knives USED TO BE allowed in public, private and religious schools = way back when. That CHANGED down the road too. It was allowed in small towns, cities, suburban areas and in the boonies - country.

NO one got their panties in a TWIST or ALL SCARED or got BAT S CRAZY when it came to seeing a, gasp, KNIFE on someone ON THEIR BODY or in their fanny pack, purse, briefcase, medical bag, backpack , HIKING gear, suitcase, car/truck/van, etc.

There were far LESS so called 'Karens and Kens' way back when in my BIASED opinion.

And I mean NO offense to a NORMAL and SANE PRO KNIFE or MINDS THEIR OWN BUSINESS person WHO has a real name of Karen or Ken too!

Old Lady Cate

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    IMG_1378.jpeg

The Logo is almost worn off.

Top Bottom