• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    umm, when I grew up an "operater" was the snotty women that answered the phone when you dialed (yes dialed) zero.

I just throw that out there to confirm my soon addition to the Smithsonian as a prehistoric species.

SouthpawARM4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Harker Heights
    Well with my background working overseas, I agree with Sig_Fiend about the term. Even with my past jobs and current, the term "Operator" is very generic. My job title is as follows: Team Equipment Operator, so let me explain about what I do. It's a basic list of my job functions: Drive the SUV/Truck as required, be able to shoot proficiently and accurately, and leave the actual combat to the military. All we do is provide additional security to where we are at or going. Now this was my last job. Current job title completly different.
    So you can see where my job title is very generic and doesn't really say much for my job, nor does it truly mean I am an "Operator". I have had the pleasure of meeting CIA, FBI, and some Delta members who laugh when they here what my job title is. Its a big joke to them at times, but they also tell me that they don't think much about the term "Operator" anyway, and it is from the Delta group's background from the 70's. I hope that I have shed some light on this topic, even with how late this topic is for me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They are highly trained in things that or way to complicated for you to understand.

They know the value of a good pocket pistol and a flashlight with a button on the side. They are generally experts in all things and have the confidence to know that they are right no matter how many people tell them they are wrong.

They hone their operator skills in hidden rooms below their house on high tech training programs with code names like "Black Ops" or "Battlefield". DO NOT attempt to infiltrate these training facilities as they are guarded by someone usually code named "Mother". This persons sole responsibility is taking care of the needs of the operator including but not limited to; feeding, cleaning up after, bathing, and taking care of any tummy rashes or boo boos.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    bodygaurd.jpg

Top Bottom