Kingwood, Tx
    Or he could just go hand to hand

Jesustakingdownsanta.jpg

TXchoctaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Euless
    I watched a Mgr of the gun dept. ask an old man (probably in his late 60's early 70's) if he could help, the old man said he wanted something to protect himself from thugs and cops, needed something to penetrate protective gear. The Mgr. said in a quiet voice that if that is what he wanted it for ie. the cops he couldn't sell it to him. The old man wised up pretty quickly and then the Mgr. said here's something you may like and proceeded to sell him a pistol................................I left baffled and confused.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I used to work at a certain Academy that will remain locationless for a few reasons. From day one that I started behind the gun counter, it was hammer and nail to know that straw sales are the most common thing that people will try to do. Long story short, new management showed up and the employees that cared about who owned a firearm got the hell out of Dodge. There are all types who come out of the woodwork to try and find some way to illegally purchase firearms from Academy. Especially when they run the specials on the cheap pistols like the S&W sigma. There is however a general lacking of knowledge in the Academy system on knowledge of laws and firearms. As well, there is a fellow in the Austin area advertising CHL classes with no range qualifying and only a 4 hour class. He would come in from time to time and leave some business cards on the counter and as soon as he left, they were thrown away.
    It's my opinion/belief that only people who give a damn should be allowed to sell. I was fortunate enough to have a retired APD officer as a fellow employee who would back me up whenever a customer started getting pissy for me not agreeing to sell them and their thugged out selves a gun.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just to chime in guys, this is a common practice here in San Antonio, you can go into any Academy on any side of town on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon and see these similar transactions going on. I myself have witnessed 3 sucesses and one failed attempt by a manger who was smart enough realize what was going on. I have also witnessed guys, non-thug looking, openly buying weapons for friends as well. I have even heard some guys at work whom are on the straight and narrow now, but have a checkered past make jokes about sending their old lady's into Academy<--refered to by name and make purchases for them. If you remember in the 90's Wal-mart was the same way.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    As well, there is a fellow in the Austin area advertising CHL classes with no range qualifying and only a 4 hour class. He would come in from time to time and leave some business cards on the counter and as soon as he left, they were thrown away.

I bet he was doing a class for the Utah CHL not the Texas CHL

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In my outlaw days in Chicago, I could have bought a bushel basket full of pistols for $50 apiece any day of the week. I knew where to find them and they were all around. Why go to Academy and buy a new gun with paper when you can get a "hot" one and just walk away clean? Most thugs work the system better than that or have a network that will tell them what to do, where to go etc to buy a piece.

Methinks something is amiss.

Flash

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Most thugs work the system better than that or have a network that will tell them what to do, where to go etc to buy a piece.

Methinks something is amiss.

Flash

Some of these kids only dress a good game. Don't let them fool you into thinking they are anyone that really knows anyone.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Having worked in the Texas Prison System, I can tell you that thugs teach other thugs how to be better criminals. They network a lot and if they aren't proficient as crooks before they get locked up, they will be when they re-enter the world. The scene at Academy just doesn't make sense. Why would a thug try to get a gun with paper when he could buy guns elsewhere without a question asked?

Another thought.............The "9" (9mm) has a golden reputation among the criminal element. They'll talk on and on about the magic "9" but you will never hear about their .40 caliber. If he was uncertain about the caliber to buy............Nah........I'm not buying that he was a genuine thug.

Flash

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Having worked in the Texas Prison System, I can tell you that thugs teach other thugs how to be better criminals. They network a lot and if they aren't proficient as crooks before they get locked up, they will be when they re-enter the world. The scene at Academy just doesn't make sense. Why would a thug to get a gun with paper when he could buy guns elsewhere without a question asked?

Another thought.............The "9" (9mm) has a golden reputation among the criminal element. They'll talk on and on about the magic "9" but you will never hear about their .40 caliber. If he was uncertain about the caliber to buy............Nah........I'm not buying that he was a genuine thug.

Flash

Where was that youtube about a guy who said a 45 wasn't accurate and that the 9mm wasn't powerful enough, but the 40 S&W was just right? That was funny.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Where was that youtube about a guy who said a 45 wasn't accurate and that the 9mm wasn't powerful enough, but the 40 S&W was just right? That was funny.

He probably read that stuff in a forum somewhere. These guys need to get out and shoot more!

Flash

Top Bottom