• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Does anybody believe that this does not go on everywhere - every day? I can't believe any of you are shocked by this activity. I'm quite sure this is nothing new.

It is, however, a shame and a crime. Integrity, honor, and common sense all now have a headstone in the local cemetery.

RIP.

Broke Hoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Abilene, TX
    I've had 2 sons that worked at Academy, 1 in the hunting/fishing dpt and behind the gun-bar. For the most part it is just college/high school kids working for gas money. When you apply it is not usually for a specific dept in the store; where ever they're shorthanded is where you go to work no matter what your intrest. Mine were lucky enough to work in areas they were knowledgable; 1 managed the cashiers the other in the hunt/fish dept. Of the employees behind the counter at our local store, there are only 2 left that have any knowledge of firearms; a retired cop & a guy that has worked in several local gunshops. They don't work on commission or else my son could've paid his own college. Wait, he pretty well did thanks to Academy's tuition assistance for employees. I know several straw sales that he refused to make, but he was lucky nuff to have a manager that supported them.

Actually, I've thought about hiring on there when I retire, employees do get a discount.

Broke Hoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Abilene, TX
    In general, I'd say buying at any of the big box stores you're gonna run into some that don't know crap about what they're selling or how they're suppossed to do it. I got a taste of that around X-mas at Best Buy. I know at the local Wal-Mart there's only 1 guy in sporting goods that has a clue.

Of course, even in a couple of the local pawn/gun shops there's only certain guys I'll deal with. If I go in & don't see my bud, I might look around but I don't buy cause I know the idjit there ain't got a clue, but he's liable to make it up. Then there's 1 that only hires the handicapped......no wait that's the 1 run by cops; I work with them.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I don't mind the academy down here. The Guy I traded my 336 to worked the gun counter at the "old Academy" and we had the same first name. I ran into him there allot and he never would sell my beloved 30-30 back to me. Sorry I'll get to the point. It was a straw purchase and a blatant one at that. I think the manager should at least not be in the firearms section any longer, and the employee to.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    That, as has been mentioned before, is the very definition of a straw purchase.
    I know that ATF arrested several people this weekend at the Pasadena Gun Show for straw purchases, so it is on their radar and they are acting on it.

joat

mrseatle

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    SW Houston
    maybe they guy just wasn't good with paperwork?

Might as well just shoot all the felons, instead of releasing them into a society were they aren't allowed to defend themselves.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    maybe they guy just wasn't good with paperwork?

Might as well just shoot all the felons, instead of releasing them into a society were they aren't allowed to defend themselves.

There is some validity to that. If they're too dangerous to own firearms, then they're too dangerous to be outside a cage.

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    I'm sorry but this bothers the hell out of me. I get that it was a crime - so is sitting in your house and smoking weed - but I damn sure don't think it should be.

There was a post about how restrictive gun laws only effect the law abiding - this is true. The general impression that statement gives is that those laws should be repealed. We shouldn't have to jump through the Federal Hoops to exercise a God Given Right. That means that those background checks would disappear and that "felon" would likely be able to legally purchase his gun.

I just have to wonder if some people are not taking their beliefs all the way. If you believe that it is a God Given Right to own, carry and use a firearm to keep you and yours alive then what is it about breaking one of the hundreds of thousands of Federal Laws that should negate that Right? If I decide that I do not want to fund a Government who takes my money and uses it for murder, oppression, invasion, welfare slavery or any of the multitude of evil things this Government does, I will be convicted of a felony. Does this honest desire for a decent human Government negate my RIGHT to own a firearm?

I understand the compromise nature of most people. Sure, abortion is wrong but rape, incest etc. I can deal with it. Sure, it is a RIGHT to own a gun but felons, PTSD suffering soldiers, anyone who pisses a woman off and gets a "domestic abuse" charge, those darn recreational drug users etc. can't have 'em? I can deal with that.

I just wonder whether people are logically taking their beliefs all the way. If you believe that when you serve time you are paying your debt to society then, when you get out, why do you have to keep paying for the rest of your life? It is so easy to break a law when not one human being is capable of even being AWARE of every law much less knowing all of their intricacies that its a dangerous proposition to accept the revocation of Rights as a result.

So yeah, I get that its technically against the Federal Statute what this guy did and I get that his dress, his demeanor, made you nervous and wary but can we step away from that and ask whether civil disobedience, regardless of the dumbass thug that might be doing it, is valid or not?

Then we start talking about shooting all the Felons. I'm not a felon and no one I personally care about is but I see where that's headed. Obama said he didn't want to enact any laws that would restrict LAW ABIDING gun owners. Did you catch that or was it just me? LAW ABIDING. The laws right now are heinous enough that its pretty easy to break one and never even know it - what if they just keep increasing over the 60,000 or so they have right now to where no one is able to follow them all so, therefore, there are NO LAW ABIDING gun owners. Hey, he gave you a chance but you're just a felon now - what does your opinion matter?

But hey, that's just the way I see the world. I could easily be wrong.

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    I must have missed the Bible passage where Jesus handed out M4A1s to his disciples.

Call it God Given, Nature Given or the logical right of a man to protect that which is his and his alone - his body.

Rights derive from property - if I could actually own land with an allodial title in Texas then I could do absolutely anything I want with it up to the point of hurting another human's body, damaging their property or using fraud in my contracts.

This body is mine, totally and completely, by virtue of simply being born. The Government makes a lien on my body (despite unaLIENable rights) when they tell me what I can do with it, what I can put into it and that I must pay them a tribute when I contract and exchange my labor with it ('THE PROPERTY WHICH EVERY MAN HAS IN HIS OWN LABOR, AS IT IS THE ORIGINAL FOUNDATION OF ALL OTHER PROPERTY, SO IT IS THE MOST SACRED AND INVIOLABLE; BUTCHERS' UNION CO. v. CRESCENT CITY CO., 111 U.S. 746 (1884))

If it is my property then I have the Right and Duty to protect it with any and every tool that I think is necessary. So yeah, maybe the Bible doesn't discuss M249's or SCAR's going to the disciples but, I don't care too much about that. The God that I have come to understand doesn't fit into any book.

But, again, that's just me.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    jesus_sitting_nra.jpg

‎‎‎‎‎

Top Bottom