Hurley's Gold

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Once again I had to glue the rear view mirror back on. This last time was one of the longest its stayed on. The shortest being 2 days. This has been going on for like 6 years.

Yes I read the instruction, yes I prep everything as per the instruction sheet. I think it just has a very tiny area that is flat for every thing to stick.
    See if a windshield replacement company has something to offer.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    First time tracking the Fiata! It had been 6 or 7 years since the last time I was at MSR Houston, so I am very grateful an instructor was able to ride a long with me for a few laps.

The factory brakes on the Classica held up well. No fade despite getting on them hard enough to activate ABS in most of the corners. The only non-factory parts on the car are 4C ignition coils and a Chipbox. Everything was reliable despite the track abuse.

Rate my lap!

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    8 new coils and 8 new spark plugs in my '03 Expedition. 91k miles, 20 years old. It was time. I did not do it myself tho. Also oil and filter change and state inspection.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Once again I had to glue the rear view mirror back on. This last time was one of the longest its stayed on. The shortest being 2 days. This has been going on for like 6 years.

Yes I read the instruction, yes I prep everything as per the instruction sheet. I think it just has a very tiny area that is flat for every thing to stick.
    I've had to do that for my old Sonoma 3 or 4 times. The original lasted about 14 years. After that, every 3-5 years I open the door to find the mirror on the floor board. Now that you mention it, it is due again.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Forgive me father fore I have sinned . . . I forgot how to change the oil. :facepalm:

It's my Friday, was held late at work and, I didn't want to spend weekend time changing the bike oil so I rushed it. Second (maybe 3rd :( ) time I forgot to drain the tank before adding fresh which overflowed at 1.2qts. Oh well, I guess the worst of it is $10 of new oil in the drain pan.

Edit: G21 laughing at me hurt my feeling (yes, singular) so to clarify . . .

It's a BMW K bike, inline 4
    Motor / tranny oil are the same
    Heat system up (which I didn't tonight other than on center stand)
    Drain tank which is above case & tranny
    Pull plug & filter for final drain

Last edited:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    First time tracking the Fiata! It had been 6 or 7 years since the last time I was at MSR Houston, so I am very grateful an instructor was able to ride a long with me for a few laps.

The factory brakes on the Classica held up well. No fade despite getting on them hard enough to activate ABS in most of the corners. The only non-factory parts on the car are 4C ignition coils and a Chipbox. Everything was reliable despite the track abuse.

Rate my lap!

Maybe a 6 on execution? :p I might get a 2 or 3 :(
    9.8 on fun factor :green:

I'd sure like to try the bike on a track some day <looks around for hez huevos>

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Took the daughter out to start learning to drive.

BA4D05E8-D811-4E28-809A-754AF3EF13A4.jpeg

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Not my vehicle but my buddy's bike. Measured, milled, ground and attached some engine decorative plates. He's a stickler to visual detail.
    Also welded up a bracket for his new butt-support-device (aka "seat"), painted, installed, ops check good, RTS.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom