What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Swapped the fuel tank on the heep after I cracked it last week replacing the fuel pump.
    1718400826521.jpeg

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    Worked on a pathfinder for someone we go to church with. No a/c and water leak. A/c pukky split in 2 and heated the mag. Water leak was coolant line going into throttle body.

Attachments

• 20240615_112247.jpg
      20240615_112247.jpg
      475.2 KB · Views: 47
    • 20240615_161807.jpg
      20240615_161807.jpg
      244.2 KB · Views: 47

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Ordered a custom special edition plate ( the design I chose requires 200 pre-orders for them to start stamping them out) and then realized after the fact that “M1911A1” was available.

Was about to email them to change my order to it but figured George (TxRedneck) was more deserving of it so I shot him a text.

Turns out he had been waiting for the previous owner of it to die for lord knows how long

Sadly for me it is now no longer available, but it ended up exactly where it needed to be.

bcf461d48584a99c12918586d16c7b1d.jpg

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I raised the lid on my 2016 Tundra to take a peek. I've had this from day one and was maybe the 4th time I did that. As a guy who spent so many years and time working on cars and VW Bugs, I purposely bought this brand new from Toyota just a few minutes from here because I never wanted to do another maintenance or repair on anything.

I noticed a bunch of acorns on top of the air cleaner. It sure is a big cleaner housing. It has a bunch grooves evenly spaced on top and the acorns were all lined up nice and pretty, someone storing them. I swept them all off.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I raised the lid on my 2016 Tundra to take a peek. I've had this from day one and was maybe the 4th time I did that. As a guy who spent so many years and time working on cars and VW Bugs, I purposely bought this brand new from Toyota just a few minutes from here because I never wanted to do another maintenance or repair on anything.

I noticed a bunch of acorns on top of the air cleaner. It sure is a big cleaner housing. It has a bunch grooves evenly spaced on top and the acorns were all lined up nice and pretty, someone storing them. I swept them all off.

Those pre 2022 tundras last forever, you’ve got a real gem

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Ordered a replacement set of coil packs and sparkplugs for the '14 Grand Cherokee. It was throwing p300 and p303 codes.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    Had this brought back home yesterday. Bought it about 14 years ago and it had 200k on it with blown main seals. Rebuilt it and wiped the cam lobes out so swapped cams and it never ran right with injectors dumping fuel. Sent it to who I thought was a friend and asked him to get it running but has been excusecafter excuse on why he wasn't working in it. Got him everything he asked for when needed but there was always an issue whith what I got him. Gave him 2 wiring harnesses, computers and MAF sensors. Now 10 years later I had it picked up and low and behild he had none of the stuff that I gave him and he said he had a harness to use but never heard from me even though I told him to use it 8 years ago. Now I'm going to go through it and use the motor in a crawler buggy and figure it out. Sorry this was longer than expected. Lol

Attachments

• 20240623_091119.jpg
      20240623_091119.jpg
      671.4 KB · Views: 44

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Stinking batteries. It seems like once a month I am buying a battery, or two. Three pickups, one SUV, and one car. Four ATVs. Three wheeled tractors, one tracked tractor. One bass boat, two travel trailers and a motorcycle. Total, 20 batteries. If I go more than three months without purchasing a battery, it's a good quarter. This month, Ford NAA and Polaris 570.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Stinking batteries. It seems like once a month I am buying a battery, or two. Three pickups, one SUV, and one car. Four ATVs. Three wheeled tractors, one tracked tractor. One bass boat, two travel trailers and a motorcycle. Total, 20 batteries. If I go more than three months without purchasing a battery, it's a good quarter. This month, Ford NAA and Polaris 570.
    You should switch over to all electric. Oh wait a minute.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've only got 3 batteries in 2 vehicles and if I can go a year without having to replace one, I'm lucky. They just don't last anymore. Plus that 3rd battery is a start/stop battery that I've bypassed so I'm only dealing with two.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    At 6 years and 77k miles, my shocks were due for some maintenance so it took them to Inertia Labs in Corinth for a rebuild.

Praise the Lord, King had everything in stock so only took about a week for parts to arrive.

IMG_2613.jpeg

Since my MIL is living in what was once my garage, me and a buddy got to do all of this outside…that was fun. Why I didn’t do this in the spring, or wait until winter, is a question that kept popping into my pea-brain…

I also took the opportunity to raise my front height a bit to get closer to level.

Very happy with the results.

Before rebuild:

IMG_0433.jpeg

After about 1/4” of preload / about 3/4” at the fender

IMG_2623.jpeg

Top Bottom