ARJ Defense ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Great tire, have 'em on my land barge too.

It was a toss up between the Pilot Sports and the Continental DSW06s, which are also a great tire but slightly less sporty.

I read a lot of comparisons between the two and both excelled in different areas...

"In a head-to-head comparison, the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 excels in dry braking and wet performance braking, while the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus shines in handling and steering response."

The DWS06 is rated very closely to the A/S3+ (which I had on previously), but its ride quality is better, longer tread life too. The A/S3+ is slightly quicker to respond and slightly better for peak grip on dry.

A good bud of mine went with the DWS06 and was extremely happy. Very quiet, good ride quality, and very predictable all the way to the edge of grip and past. He also went one size wider (1cm total or about 1/4" wider on each side of the rim) which helps protect the wheel from San Antonio pot holes, gives a very very slightly larger diameter which also helps with pot holes, ride quality, and increases tread patch length.

The extra grip from the width change also compensates with going from a very high performance tire (my pilot sports) to the DWS06 high performance all season. He "absolutely did not regret it."

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I had the DWS08's on the car immediately before the PS A/S4's, and those were nowhere near as good of a tire. I might agree with the responsiveness comment, maybe, but I believe it's more a perception due to the Continental being less forgiving on the wheel alignment and as such will tend to follow road irregularities more. It makes it feel 'alive'. As far as handling performance, the Pilots are superior. They hold and drive better in all conditions and are far more predictable at the limit. The Continental would roll over and shrink the contact patch well before the Michelins. In the wet there is no contest, the Michelin wins hands down - accel, braking, and cornering. Biggest benefit IMHO to the Continental is purchase price, but they also didn't wear anywhere near as long as the Michelins. I got 14.7k on the Continentals before hitting the wear bars, and I'm already over that on the Michelins with probably half the tread left.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I had the DWS08's on the car immediately before the PS A/S4's, and those were nowhere near as good of a tire. I might agree with the responsiveness comment, maybe, but I believe it's more a perception due to the Continental being less forgiving on the wheel alignment and as such will tend to follow road irregularities more. It makes it feel 'alive'. As far as handling performance, the Pilots are superior. They hold and drive better in all conditions and are far more predictable at the limit. The Continental would roll over and shrink the contact patch well before the Michelins. In the wet there is no contest, the Michelin wins hands down - accel, braking, and cornering. Biggest benefit IMHO to the Continental is purchase price, but they also didn't wear anywhere near as long as the Michelins. I got 14.7k on the Continentals before hitting the wear bars, and I'm already over that on the Michelins with probably half the tread left.

If I may ask, what car where they on?

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Dizzy, plug wires and fuel pressure regulator install. In the let's see if this shit works before real life wiring arrangements.

Attachments

• 20240220_133148.jpg
      20240220_133148.jpg
      249.1 KB · Views: 23
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston
    2015 Cherokee received a new transaxle mount. After only 75k miles, the rubber tore open and spilled the fluid. What should be a quick and easy job was not thanks to engineers who probably never held a wrench.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Beemer motor sickle; poor connections caused air horn to fart. Hopefully this 2nd repair (replaced terminals) is better than the 1st (rigged it :( ).

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Ordered a door mirror. Wife scraped the garage door rail with her Honda mirror and it cracked the top plastic (skull cap). $76 for a new one and I'm lucky. If she'd cracked the bottom plastic it would have been an entire new mirror for $600.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Finally did the brake job on the barge. Nothing fancy, just Powerstop Z26 rotors and pads on all 4 corners. The factory originals still had plenty of life on the pads and the rotors look great at 56k miles. Likely would have easily hit 80k. But either the fronts got contaminated or wheels badly mis-torqued by the tire monkeys at a Discount in Cypress way back when. Any time the brakes warmed up, they'd grab really hard at one spot in the rotation and shudder.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I did a brake job in the the wife's XT5 pads and rotors. I first had to take it over to discount tire for them to get off one stripped Lug nut and Loosen the other side. He claimed they were at 140 ft/lbs but they seemed tighter than that.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Put new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s all around! After Discount Tire got the balancing right (it took two times), it drives like a dream!
    I had a set of these put on the Tacoma to replace the original tires. The road noise is less at interstate speed than the Bridgestone tires they replaced. I've always had good tire life and performance from Michelin tires.

Top Bottom