APOD Firearms

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Got a
    The 2015 Cherokee got fresh coolant today at 76k miles. Jeep claims the coolant lasts 100k miles, but the test strips showed otherwise.
    Did you use the proper test strip for non glycol coolant?
    That's what Chrysler/FMC has been using for that long.
    My 2015 Ram fails every coolant test that the oil change joints throw at me.

Just asking. I'm at 220,000 miles on the factory coolant.
    Gun Zone Deals

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Removed the console vault from my pickup and cleaned out all my junk from the cabin. I’m going to swap trucks with Pop, and he’s trading mine in on a new one for himself. I going from a ‘14 F150 111k miles to a ‘14 F150 83k miles. Both are 5.0, so I get to use the filters and other consumables I already have on the new to me truck

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Picked all of this up for $50 Friday at a swap meet.

PXL_20240126_202212551.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240126_193107038.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240126_193105319.MP.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston
    Did you use the proper test strip for non glycol coolant?
    That's what Chrysler/FMC has been using for that long.
    My 2015 Ram fails every coolant test that the oil change joints throw at me.

Just asking. I'm at 220,000 miles on the factory coolant.
    I believe all coolant formulations include glycol, but could be mistaken. This car has purple OAT. The test strips I use are nothing special (pic attached), and the pH levels are what I care about. My test result for pH was 6.5. The glycol result was 40%.

I misquoted the Jeep manual, which actually says replace at 10 years or 150k miles, whichever comes first. 2015 is pretty close to 10 years.

FWIW - the fresh coolant test results were pH of 7, and glycol at 40%.

Attachments

• IMG_4158.jpeg
      IMG_4158.jpeg
      431.6 KB · Views: 20

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    We bought an old car as a second vehicle. Well, 2012. We don't drive much being retired and just don't need much. Plus new cars are just stupid expensive. I'm having fun with it. It reminds me of my youth where a new car was but a dream and we all worked on our own cars when we could. I didn't buy a new car until I was well into my 30's.

Today I installed new "belt molding" which is what Honda calls it. It's the horizontal wiper blade at the bottom of side windows on the exterior. After 10+ years in the sun it had completely disintegrated. I also solved the leaking sunroof problem a couple of weeks ago. I'm working on the paint but it's never going to look new again. I'm having fun puttering around in the garage with it. I'm not a "car guy" really but I know my way around some things.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    We bought an old car as a second vehicle. Well, 2012. We don't drive much being retired and just don't need much. Plus new cars are just stupid expensive. I'm having fun with it. It reminds me of my youth where a new car was but a dream and we all worked on our own cars when we could. I didn't buy a new car until I was well into my 30's.

Today I installed new "belt molding" which is what Honda calls it. It's the horizontal wiper blade at the bottom of side windows on the exterior. After 10+ years in the sun it had completely disintegrated. I also solved the leaking sunroof problem a couple of weeks ago. I'm working on the paint but it's never going to look new again. I'm having fun puttering around in the garage with it. I'm not a "car guy" really but I know my way around some things.

Old cars can be pretty expensive too. See above.

Everybody calls them belt mouldings, they are on the belt line of the car.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Replaced the factory Mopar battery after 9 years.

Hope your new one lasts as long! My factory Mopar battery died just shy of 3 years. My replacement battery only lasted 1.5 years (under warranty). But my factory Honda battery died at 2 years and a load test on it's replacement battery shows it's degrading to where it will probably die in under 2 years (3 year warranty).

Top Bottom