Target Sports

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Had to get er toad
    RDT_20230614_1424377153050624870375329.png
    DK Firearms

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Just paid for, washed and waxed this old S10. 2002. Previous owner left it out in the Texas sun so the top of the dash is a bit faded. Working on seeing if Maguires will help with that. Hood could use a better buff than I felt like doing today. Paint and clear coat is in surprisingly great shape overall though. Front tires are a bit dry rotted so those will be replaced soon. Brand new bfg’s in the back already. Otherwise she’s in damn good shape. 71k miles. No mechanical problems. Owner had receipts for all service.

It ain’t much but it’s mine and I don’t owe a bank anything.

f5bf1464055ef314fa0a47e4dc65a541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Just paid for, washed and waxed this old S10. 2002. Previous owner left it out in the Texas sun so the top of the dash is a bit faded. Working on seeing if Maguires will help with that. Hood could use a better buff than I felt like doing today. Paint and clear coat is in surprisingly great shape overall though. Front tires are a bit dry rotted so those will be replaced soon. Brand new bfg’s in the back already. Otherwise she’s in damn good shape. 71k miles. No mechanical problems. Owner had receipts for all service.

It ain’t much but it’s mine and I don’t owe a bank anything.

f5bf1464055ef314fa0a47e4dc65a541.jpg

I’ve never seen this generation with 4 full doors. Didn’t know they existed. I’ve only see the single cab and ext cab

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I’ve never seen this generation with 4 full doors. Didn’t know they existed. I’ve only see the single cab and ext cab

Apparently they’re fairly rare. I’ve never seen one until I saw this one. A quick internet search turned out a couple here and there. Apparently they sell for a good bit. I could probably trade this thing in tomorrow for more than I paid for it. The neighbor I bought it from was telling me he’d get random unsolicited offers for it in the Home Depot parking lot lol.

That back seat is surprisingly big as well.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I get a couple people a month knocking on my door wanting to buy my 2001 Silverado.
    Older pickups are always in high demand. 15 years ago my MIL had a 1994 Ranger that had spent most of it's life in Alaska and she was frequently asked if she was willing to sell. When she passed I put a sign on the window and sold it within a day. This was in a rural town with a population of 2k.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Swapped a few fuses around and got all my upfitter switches set to always hot. Not really worth taking pics but now I can run say… aux lights without powering the whole truck or starting the engine. Double edged sword, I guess.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Transmission on brother's Ford Escape started slipping then quit. After it quit the dash showed a message "check transmission", not before it quit. I googled how to check fluid. Get under the car, open a bolt, if you can see fluid it's good. If not add fluid up top till it runs out. Are you f...... kidding me?

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Transmission on brother's Ford Escape started slipping then quit. After it quit the dash showed a message "check transmission", not before it quit. I googled how to check fluid. Get under the car, open a bolt, if you can see fluid it's good. If not add fluid up top till it runs out. Are you f...... kidding me?
    CD4E transmission? Faulty Ford/Mazda design from the 90's and used in Escapes and Focuses until Ford developed that dual-clutch automatic that was even worse.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    On my '96 C1500 I have recently replace oxygen sensors, IAC valve, spark plugs, and have an EGR valve ready to replace. Still have an intermittent miss at times.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    On my '96 C1500 I have recently replace oxygen sensors, IAC valve, spark plugs, and have an EGR valve ready to replace. Still have an intermittent miss at times.
    IF that yeas has the throttle body injection, you might wanna check to make sur3 the tbi gasket isn't leaking. It a intermittent issue that can drive you to Drink.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I just moved the fifth wheel from my pickup to the backup 1 ton. so truck #1 can get towed for a warranty transmission repair/replace.

Top Bottom