• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I picked up an old Remington Nylon 66 today for $100. I say old because I saw that it didn't have a serial number so, I knew it was pre-1968. I got it home and according to the Manufacturer's Date Code it was made in July of 1959. 1959 was the first year of production of the Nylon 66.

It had some rust on the barrel and on the receiver cover. Someone had used sandpaper or steel wool on the receiver cover at one time so the blueing was already thin there. I oiled the barrel and receiver cover and went to town with some bronze wool. I got most of the rust off without damaging the blueing any more. While I had it apart, I cleaned all of the gunk out of it and everything looks good inside. I looked down the bore and it was smooth and shiney, no sign of rifling anywhere. I put some drops of 3 in 1 down the bore and ran a bore snake threw it a few times. Looked again and there was some rifling! I put more 3 in 1 in the bore and made several more passes with the bore snake. Now, it looks like a new barrel inside.

The plastic stock had tape, glue, paint, and who knows what else on it. I sprayed it down with Goof Off and wiped it all off. There are some scratches here and there but, all in all, it looks pretty good for a 62 year old gun. I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through it.

View attachment 240418
    That is awesome
    Texas SOT

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Bought a new stealthy pistol range bag (I live in an apartment complex with nosy neighbors) and some new G10 grips for my M1911C from Amazon last night. Supposed to b4e delivered today.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Got this today, always been curious about them but never really wanted one. Now I’m ready to go try it out 849A0C47-25F5-478D-9EF2-815AD69A76DE.jpeg

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I picked up an old Remington Nylon 66 today for $100. I say old because I saw that it didn't have a serial number so, I knew it was pre-1968. I got it home and according to the Manufacturer's Date Code it was made in July of 1959. 1959 was the first year of production of the Nylon 66.

It had some rust on the barrel and on the receiver cover. Someone had used sandpaper or steel wool on the receiver cover at one time so the blueing was already thin there. I oiled the barrel and receiver cover and went to town with some bronze wool. I got most of the rust off without damaging the blueing any more. While I had it apart, I cleaned all of the gunk out of it and everything looks good inside. I looked down the bore and it was smooth and shiney, no sign of rifling anywhere. I put some drops of 3 in 1 down the bore and ran a bore snake threw it a few times. Looked again and there was some rifling! I put more 3 in 1 in the bore and made several more passes with the bore snake. Now, it looks like a new barrel inside.

The plastic stock had tape, glue, paint, and who knows what else on it. I sprayed it down with Goof Off and wiped it all off. There are some scratches here and there but, all in all, it looks pretty good for a 62 year old gun. I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through it.

View attachment 240418
    Well played!!

SGHinds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    Houston
    I was able to snag a Browning A-Bolt Medallion in 257 Robert’s today. I’ve been on the hunt for a 257 and love that I was able to find it in a Browning. They didn’t make many of these. Need to mount an old scope on it to get it to the range.
    Need to find some brass/dies and **crosses fingers** a nice bullet mold to start casting for her.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Been thinking it would be handy to have a different caliber AR with different color furniture. Just bought a grey stock and grip for my 224 Valkyrie AR.

Top Bottom