• ...and so much more!
  • RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Eotech OPMOD XPS2-2. Thanks US GOV, how about throwing in some Stinger missiles with the next round of stimulus checks.

8nFtFed.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    Few more 5.56 mags, 15rd P365 mag, and a G19x mag. Anybody wanna trade the 19x mag for a standard 19? It'll work in the 19 but it doesn't look right and bugs me.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Helped my brother track down some 357 ammo. Good thing hes wealthier than I am. Ouch.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I picked up an old Remington Nylon 66 today for $100. I say old because I saw that it didn't have a serial number so, I knew it was pre-1968. I got it home and according to the Manufacturer's Date Code it was made in July of 1959. 1959 was the first year of production of the Nylon 66.

It had some rust on the barrel and on the receiver cover. Someone had used sandpaper or steel wool on the receiver cover at one time so the blueing was already thin there. I oiled the barrel and receiver cover and went to town with some bronze wool. I got most of the rust off without damaging the blueing any more. While I had it apart, I cleaned all of the gunk out of it and everything looks good inside. I looked down the bore and it was smooth and shiney, no sign of rifling anywhere. I put some drops of 3 in 1 down the bore and ran a bore snake threw it a few times. Looked again and there was some rifling! I put more 3 in 1 in the bore and made several more passes with the bore snake. Now, it looks like a new barrel inside.

The plastic stock had tape, glue, paint, and who knows what else on it. I sprayed it down with Goof Off and wiped it all off. There are some scratches here and there but, all in all, it looks pretty good for a 62 year old gun. I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through it.

Nylon 66.jpg

Top Bottom