• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Threads like this make me smile! This house is a Man Cave and women only enter here on a short term basis. I do what I want, when I want.

The key here is to teach the females that there is a doorknob on both sides of the front door!.........snicker!

Flash

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    My wife doesn't pay too much attention. I handle everything financial in the house and she trusts the decisions I make with our money whatever it may be used for.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I make the money, I pay the bills and I don't ask permission from anyone to buy what I want, on the other hand I am reasonably responsible, don't make purchases we can't afford and can't even wrap my head around spending $3k on a gun. I don't say anything to her about the new shoes that just "show up" (she thinks I'm oblivious), her Facebook games, sending her sister money and so on unless it poses a hardship. The Facebook games give me a giggle, she thinks I don't know about the "secret" account she setup and gets cash back at the grocery store to feed. All that said it's no secret when I consider or buy a gun and if she has an objection I'm sure she'll give it voice. My biggest complaint is her propensity to mag dump her P22 repeatedly, I can't reload rimfire...

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Wife has no clue what I have, or when things show up. I have my own account that I buy my stuff with. My wife has her own stash account as well. I have no idea what she uses it for. The only complaints I get are from her are about the heavy ammo boxes she has to pick up from time to time.

Last edited:

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Threads like this make me smile! This house is a Man Cave and women only enter here on a short term basis. I do what I want, when I want.

The key here is to teach the females that there is a doorknob on both sides of the front door!.........snicker!

Flash
    Right on!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I couldn't resist jabbing the married guys earlier but there is something positive to share, here.

I am of Scottish decent. We are very thrifty people and can work miracles with a budget!

Every week, I put $50 in my pocket. That money is only for "gimmie" items. At the end of the week, I put whatever is left of that $50 in my safe for things like gun purchases. Once in the "stash", it has no budget connection and if a new Glock strikes my fancy, I can buy it without a twinge of guilt. That's what that money is for....... popguns and whistles!

Many weeks, I stuff the whole $50 in the slush fund.

Gotta admit, I do cheat on this a bit. If a goodie catches my eye and I'm $100 short, I'll bust for it anyway if the budget is in good shape. If license tags are due, gotta pass.

The system is simple and it lets me get new goodies or it gives me a good feeling that I have a bankroll of "mad money."

Flash

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The only complaints I get are from her are about the heavy ammo boxes she has to pick up from time to time.
    Most of my packages will get brought in and set either on my desk in the office, or maybe on the island in the kitchen. Cases of bullets or loaded ammo get left on the floor by the front door :)

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Every week, I put $50 in my pocket. That money is only for "gimmie" items. At the end of the week, I put whatever is left of that $50 in my safe for things like gun purchases. Once in the "stash", it has no budget connection and if a new Glock strikes my fancy, I can buy it without a twinge of guilt. That's what that money is for....... popguns and whistles!

Have a stash, not necessarily on the premises so you'd play hell finding it, labeled "SHTF".
    Having been on the Gulf Coast 70+ years, and through many hurricanes, cash is king when the water gets high and electrons aren't flowing.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My wife loves to shoot, and grew up shooting guns. Her brothers got all of her dad's guns, so she loves it when I buy a new one. Though she has made it known that she wants a new one, just for her. She doens't know I've been accumulating the goodies to build her a new AR. Got the upper last week, but still need to build the lower for it.

She has about 100 pairs of shoes and boots. I've never said anything to her about any of that. I actually like that she looks really good, pretty much all the time. And she doesn't give me crap about buying ammo and reloading stuff.

Last edited:

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    My wife doesn't pay too much attention. I handle everything financial in the house and she trusts the decisions I make with our money whatever it may be used for.
    That's how it works for us as well. Honestly, I'd like her to be more involved with the $ but she just isn't interested. She know what we save and put away and it makes her happy.

I will admit I've gone nuts on NFA stuff lately with the upcoming rule changes. I got my trust in December and immediately started buying. She wouldn't be happy about it. She's not antigun but she doesn't have any hobbies really so spending a lot on a hobby doesn't make sense to her. Fortunately her dad and brother like my toys and she likes me to play with them.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Years ago, my wife asked if I had bought a new gun. I told her it was like shoes. Some time later (weeks or months) she asked what I meant. My reply was they come in pairs. She never asked again and I had to go get the other half pair. I don't lie to my wife that way.

Top Bottom