What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    . I've got 50# of Hardball Alloy on hand. That's at least 2,000.

Isnt it weird to think of it that 50 pounds of lead will only net you 2k bullets? Always makes me think about perspective when I do the math.

I do have a stick of hardball a guy gave me. Been meaning to cast some 450bm bullets with it but now I'm thinking of using it for some 10mm bear loads.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I hear you on this.. I hate loading out in the garage during the summer so this past spring I brought my Dillons and single stage into my office. Much more enjoyable experience..

The Dillons have been spoiling me. I never want to use a single stage ever again... I just loaded 100 45 LC on it and I was damn near clawing my eyes out from how tedious that has become. I cant believe I use to crank out thousands of .223 on that thing...

I'll still use a single stage. For load development and some specialty stuff where I'm loading small quantities.. But yeah, for production purposes the progressive really helps.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Isnt it weird to think of it that 50 pounds of lead will only net you 2k bullets? Always makes me think about perspective when I do the math.

I do have a stick of hardball a guy gave me. Been meaning to cast some 450bm bullets with it but now I'm thinking of using it for some 10mm bear loads.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Technically 2,200 158 gr.. But you can't cast every drop. Gotta figure in the "waste", even if you can recycle it. I always allow 10% when doing my guzintas. 10% might be a little high.

Top Bottom