• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Pray tell where is this accursed range located?

If it ain't raining, it ain't training, and if you can't stand the mud, don't leave the nest.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    5 or 20 - if you're coming in as a group, then come in as a group - not wander in willy-nilly, then expect folks to bend over backwards.

And M2....we get it that you're butt-hurt over they way they "mistreated" you....but let me ask you something - how much did you contribute to the shooting sports in South Texas last year? I'm not going to put out the numbers, because that's something that they should disclose if they're so inclined - but they were well into 5 figures....very well - and then some. They put their money where their mouth is. I don't care what range you go to, you can find fault in some aspect. Hell - just trying to find decent employees is a challenge - and I know for a fact that they pay about 20% more than other ranges around here.

Would you rather they close? Where would folks go to shoot then? I've always found Carol and Michele to be more than approachable - and reasonable. When they can reasonably make something better, they will. Thing is, you also have to realize that they have to deal with a wide variety of folks as well - from knowledgeable to idiots, reasonable to jackasses. You'll never please everyone in the public, no matter how hard you try.

The guy that started the whining on TTAG....strikes me as one of those that expects everything HIS way and never gives a thought to the other side of the coin. And if he WAS 2nd in line and this guy supposedly cut in, then he should've said something rather than sitting back like some wimp and expecting everyone else to do it for him.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Really? Sorry, but they are losing my money because they treated me poorly as a customer on several occasions. I don't care if they are a firearms-related business or not, they still have to compete.

If that's the case fine, in my opinion they compete very well, the only other range that gets my money is Bexar Community.

To each his/her own.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    5 or 20 - if you're coming in as a group, then come in as a group - not wander in willy-nilly, then expect folks to bend over backwards.

And M2....we get it that you're butt-hurt over they way they "mistreated" you....but let me ask you something - how much did you contribute to the shooting sports in South Texas last year? I'm not going to put out the numbers, because that's something that they should disclose if they're so inclined - but they were well into 5 figures....very well - and then some. They put their money where their mouth is. I don't care what range you go to, you can find fault in some aspect. Hell - just trying to find decent employees is a challenge - and I know for a fact that they pay about 20% more than other ranges around here.

Would you rather they close? Where would folks go to shoot then? I've always found Carol and Michele to be more than approachable - and reasonable. When they can reasonably make something better, they will. Thing is, you also have to realize that they have to deal with a wide variety of folks as well - from knowledgeable to idiots, reasonable to jackasses. You'll never please everyone in the public, no matter how hard you try.

The guy that started the whining on TTAG....strikes me as one of those that expects everything HIS way and never gives a thought to the other side of the coin. And if he WAS 2nd in line and this guy supposedly cut in, then he should've said something rather than sitting back like some wimp and expecting everyone else to do it for him.

Hey TR, It looks like the thread that I referred to earlier in this thread that was started by that crazy, illegal daycare owning woman whose husband was under indictment for a felony committed at the Bullet Hole was deleted.

Can you confirm whether or not my memory is correct? IIRC you and ChunkyMonkey figured out who that woman was and the rest of us outed her.

I may be completely wrong because I can't seem to find the thread but I'd appreciate it if you could help confirm if my memory is correct or if I'm just making a false memory about another range.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Thing is, you also have to realize that they have to deal with a wide variety of folks as well - from knowledgeable to idiots, reasonable to jackasses. You'll never please everyone in the public, no matter how hard you try.

Truth ...

But in business, that's no reason to STOP trying. That's true in this case and any case where sides clash.
    The times we're in need a bonding and not seperation.

I wasn't there, I don't know either party involved and I have no emotional attachment to any of this.
    As an outsider, this will not end well.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    It seems that there are a few here at TGT that know far more about the Texas gun culture. It also appears that some of the ranges are more involved in sponsored events to get to know each other and possibly attract customers. Keep in mind that most of these businesses, events or clubs wouldn't exist without the customer. Some of us do gain knowledge from these threads and do choose where to spend our money sans any clubs or large post counts.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah - the wife of the guy that has been charged with stealing from the BH came on here with a buncha half-truths....seems the thread didn't quite go the way she intended....lol! As to them taking care of the customer, it's been my experience that they DO try - but it can be a challenge.

fgarcia3441

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SA (Sea World Area)
    The bullet hole personal are very friendly and are very professional. About two to three weeks ago, I was purchasing a handgun and was going to use the range after. The representative told me that if a line started he will need to pause helping me so he can take care of the line. I didn't have a problem with that and sure enough after I finish filling the transfer form, couple of people showed up and I had to wait for him to take care of them before proceeding to complete my transaction.

I always prepare accordingly, if it rain the night before I were my boots so I don't messed up my pedicure. The OP should be thankful that we got some rain in San Antonio.

J/K about the pedicure

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Wonder who the White Knight is that went running to them about the bad review being re-posted on this board, bringing that guy on here...............

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've never seen an outdoor range with gravel covering all the icky mud.
    You have my condolences. I've been to several and shot at a few outdoor ranges where everything was either perfect concrete or perfectly manicured grass, from the front gate all the way to the target line. It's always nice to find ranges like that.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    You have my condolences. I've been to several and shot at a few outdoor ranges where everything was either perfect concrete or perfectly manicured grass, from the front gate all the way to the target line. It's always nice to find ranges like that.

South texas doesnt have nice manicured grass anywhere. and as far as concrete im sure a slab off concrete 300yrdsX150yrds and then one 50yrdsX30yrds is really expensive.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio

What is this grass you speak of? You mean there are places on earth not covered in sticker burrs and stingin' weed? Next you're going to tell me there's country where fire ants don't swarm up your leg every time you take a step...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hicksville may be neither, but they still manage to keep the place nice. They even rake the berms weekly. I've been by Texas Star Shooting Range as well as Astro shooting Range. Neither really appeal to me because they just don't seem as nice. If I'm gonna be spending my money and hanging out all day-I would prefer a place that shows pride in ownership. I've never been to the bullet hole, so i can't speak for or against it.

Sent from my toolbox

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    What people need to realize is that customer service isn't rocket science. It just costs money. And well customers aren't willing to pay for it. So they don't get it. And when they don't get it, they throw fits.

you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom