• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • granite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I think everyone would would agree that "if true" the customer got treated poorly that day. The only debate would be whether this is the norm or a bad day. As a business owner I have the occasional bad day from guys calling in sick, weather, product breaks, etc.

The mud part is something that anyone with reasonable intelligence would gloss over. The 1 hour to check in when you are second in line- not so good.

I would bet the bullethole is still getting long lines every saturday morning. This blog will not have any impact, thus is irrelevant imo.
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So, when I responded, I very briefly glanced at this thread and apparently missed some things. ;)

I invited Steve on here. He's a good guy. From what I understand, he works a lot.

In situations like this, I think it's important to separate emotions from the equation and just look at the facts.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Someone 2nd in line is NOT gonna take an hour to check in.....and the range has rules for a reason, just as any business does. Ever been to a restaurant where they tell you they won't seat a partial party? It's for a reason - that spot has a cost for 'em - if you aren't ready to do business, don't take up their real estate. This guy goes into a range, and rather than wait for everyone, he jumps into the bay - that started the clock. As I said - I know Carol and Michele - and I wouldn't DREAM of wanting them to "bend rules" for me - it's just going to tick off their other customers. I think the blogger got up on the wrong side of the bed and needed someone to take it out on.

In-Yo-Grill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Texas
    I'm gonna have to eat a little crow...

I went to the Bullet Hole this morning with the Godfather of ammo aka jcrntx and had a very pleasant experience. Rented a private bay and tried out my new MP 15-22. This is my first tactical .22lr and it didn't disappoint. It was dead on left to right out of the box and only needed a little elevation adjustment to get it honed in. Can't wait to buy a scope for it.

Granted we were early and didn't have a long line to contend with.

Classicd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    San Antonio
    I cannot compare the bullet hole to other ranges in san antonio because I have not been to any others as the bullet hole is closest to me. I have had both good and bad experiences tho. I've dealt with friendly staff members and rude staff members, but only one experience really ticked me off.. I had arrived to pick up a firearm transfer when there was no other customers in the office. The staff member was friendly and gave me the form to fill out. As i was filling out the form, customers began pouring in.. There was only one staff member in the office and he chose to handle all of the customers who walked in after me, before finally calling in my background check after i had stood there for an hour. Anyways, not enough to prevent me from returning but I am going to visit other ranges and if I like them better then I will start making the longer drive..

fgarcia3441

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SA (Sea World Area)
    There was only one staff member in the office and he chose to handle all of the customers who walked in after me, before finally calling in my background check after i had stood there for an hour. Anyways, not enough to prevent me from returning but I am going to visit other ranges and if I like them better then I will start making the longer drive..

I don't see that much of an issue with this practice is perform all the time. Have you ever been through the drive-thru at the Golden Arches (McDonalds) and have been ask to park or move forward out of the serving window, is the same thing.

I had the same thing happen to me at BH, however I was told upfront that if they got a line they were going to help those customers first than finish performing my transfer.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I don't see that much of an issue with this practice is perform all the time. Have you ever been through the drive-thru at the Golden Arches (McDonalds) and have been ask to park or move forward out of the serving window, is the same thing.

I had the same thing happen to me at BH, however I was told upfront that if they got a line they were going to help those customers first than finish performing my transfer.
    i used them for my transfer, when i went to pick up was the day before thankgiving. the older man gave me the paperwork to fill out as he helped the customers, when i was done the older man told me he needed to clear the other customers first. he apologized and told me he would get to me as soon as possible. took about 30 minutes. i didnt care. he was super friendly when he got to me and asking me what i planned to build and which parts i might be using.

3xpression

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013

I first would like to say I've only been in San Antonio for 9 weeks. Have lived in numerous states, and overseas. And to try and liken a fast-food restaurant to a gun range is ludicrous and downright ill-informed. McD's shuffles through HUNDREDS of customers per hour. You seem to be forgetting that both dine-in and drive through orders still originate under the same roof; meaning: All the food ordered is being made by the same hands within the same building. So my stance on BH's inefficiency will shortly be defined.

The first gun range I went to upon arriving was the Bullet Hole, and I can definitively say their "customer service" is poor at best. You don't have to be smart person to operate a cash register, or handle 20 people in line to fill out paperwork. From my experiences there, it looks to be a "ma & pa" place, because the owner had her child (of age) running the counter. But by no means is he bonafide multitasker. Any -business-, because that's what we are talking about, exists for 2 reasons: 1) Profitability and 2) Customer Service (providing a service). I couldn't care less about the blogs rant. I don't care about the attitudes shared between patron and owner. What matters is, this "business" exercises POOR customer service, and from reports, declined PAYMENT (profit) from a customer within the same day. Poor business model on any level.

Akiva

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    san antonio
    Well first off I have been there only once only cause I havent had time to get back out there. However, I will say this. Who cares if theres not grass and the ground is rocky. The bays were solid cement and that is enough. When I went there was an instructor who was very very helpful and was patient as I was with my kids. In the office part, well when you get at one time 20 people coming into a place and 1 person behind the desk of coarse its going to be a bit. Some just need to learn patience and understand its not an easy job trying to get 20-30 people in at once.

Also, HELLO common sense if you are going there with a group CALL ahead and DO NOT go ahead and start without them. Thats rude on your part. So you know what I have to say to that. Get over yourself. If you want to complain over ONE visit then guess what there are other places to shoot.

Ok done with my 2 cents.

Top Bottom