Texas SOT

Well that ain't right (Ruger MkIV doesn't go back together, hammer in the way)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Went and got the MK IV 22/45 Lite for the wife, figured I'd lube it up before it gets fired. And somehow I ended up with the barrel in this position, preventing the barrel to latch back on:

N6wfdVS.jpg

KLHJMdM.jpg

Seeing how new the pistol is, Google isn't much help. How do I reset the hammer??
    ARJ Defense ad

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Hammer is back down, rear end of the barrel still doesn't freaking latch. WTFSBBQ

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I thought I would wait a few years for them to work the kinks out of the mk IV before I buy one. I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I hope you get it fixed.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    YouTube only has the "look, so easy to take down and put it back on!" videos so far. Was gonna sneak a look at the ones at the gun range, but guess what, they're both out for repair. Also, my apologies for bothering you, jeepinetc. ;)

It's a good thing Ruger customer service is closed until Monday. That gives me some time to calm down ;)

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well the safety is definitely not on now :D

I have all the hammer, safety, magazine disconnect, sear, pins, springs, bushing, misc. other bullshit parts in a little jar, barrel latches on to the receiver as it should.

I know where most of the parts go, some I even know which way around. Time to call it a night. Field-stripped and re-assembled my PPS a couple of times just to make sure it's not me who's 'tarded, but Bill goddamn Ruger who's the ultimate American troll. I also may have had a couple or three beers.

Gujs0T2.jpg

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well... I could let you have the hammer bushing, sear and hammer because since they're out anyway, might as well get the upgrade parts.

Top Bottom