Capitol Armory ad

Well that ain't right (Ruger MkIV doesn't go back together, hammer in the way)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Went and got the MK IV 22/45 Lite for the wife, figured I'd lube it up before it gets fired. And somehow I ended up with the barrel in this position, preventing the barrel to latch back on:

N6wfdVS.jpg

KLHJMdM.jpg

Seeing how new the pistol is, Google isn't much help. How do I reset the hammer??
    Hurley's Gold

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Hammer is back down, rear end of the barrel still doesn't freaking latch. WTFSBBQ

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I thought I would wait a few years for them to work the kinks out of the mk IV before I buy one. I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I hope you get it fixed.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    YouTube only has the "look, so easy to take down and put it back on!" videos so far. Was gonna sneak a look at the ones at the gun range, but guess what, they're both out for repair. Also, my apologies for bothering you, jeepinetc. ;)

It's a good thing Ruger customer service is closed until Monday. That gives me some time to calm down ;)

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well the safety is definitely not on now :D

I have all the hammer, safety, magazine disconnect, sear, pins, springs, bushing, misc. other bullshit parts in a little jar, barrel latches on to the receiver as it should.

I know where most of the parts go, some I even know which way around. Time to call it a night. Field-stripped and re-assembled my PPS a couple of times just to make sure it's not me who's 'tarded, but Bill goddamn Ruger who's the ultimate American troll. I also may have had a couple or three beers.

Gujs0T2.jpg

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well... I could let you have the hammer bushing, sear and hammer because since they're out anyway, might as well get the upgrade parts.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom