• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I could find no other place to post this. My water softener that was put in when we built the house has evidently got a leak in the tank! It still operates but apparently has a slow leak from the tank. I'm glad a put it in the garage! I've checked the drain, checked all the water connections associated with it and can find no other problems. I put it in 27 years ago and it's been working fine until now. Other than possibly vibration, I can't figure out why the plastic/fiberglass tank has formed a leak. I'm about to remove the salt from the tank, drain all the water as best as I can, then activate the bypass valve and pull the tank out to examine the bottom. Anyone have any better ideas?
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'm letting it complete draining after cycling. I'll then activate the bypass valve to continue getting water in the house, disconnect the fittings on the back, drag it's sorry ass out on the garage floor and see if I can find the leak. It doesn't really have any vibration and it's sitting on a wooden pad I put under it, so there is no direct contact between the concrete garage floor and the fiberglass tank.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Good luck Charlie!

Checked the drain and somehow the hose came out of the drain... the same night it regens. Lol.... damn Murphy.

In my old house in CA, our washer and dryer were in the garage and the washer drained into a utility sink. One night I went into the garage to find soapy water all over the floor. My wife took the hose out of the sink for some reason and didn't put it back before running a load in the washer. :o

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good luck Charlie!

In my old house in CA, our washer and dryer were in the garage and the washer drained into a utility sink. One night I went into the garage to find soapy water all over the floor. My wife took the hose out of the sink for some reason and didn't put it back before running a load in the washer. :o
    Was it your fault somehow? Lol....

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't we all?

lol........
    upload_2019-8-6_15-7-14.png
    A lot of truth there

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-6_15-7-14.png
      upload_2019-8-6_15-7-14.png
      1.5 KB · Views: 297

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Hey, Charlie.....guess what I've done since 1976...

Give me a call, bud - let's see if I can help you figure it out. But it's NOT out of the realm of possibility that the tank has sprung a leak. I ain't sure quite how to tell ya this, but shit don't last forever.....lol

I'm the "upper" George - Trey is my son.

Attachments

• New Card.jpg
      New Card.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 211

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah.....his unit is ready for the big junk pile in the sky. My BIL is going to be in touch w/him - he's closer to him and can take better care of him. I like business, but I also like to treat my customers right.

As I explained to Charlie - yeah, it lasts "X" years (generally 3-10) and you replace it. I've got units out there that I installed 40 years ago. The ones I sell are repairable - in the long run, you spend less and have less hassle. But - that's up to him.....

Top Bottom