Venture Surplus ad

Warrants Let Agents Enter Homes Without Owner Knowing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    If not on a government watch list by this date, I surely am now.

+1,000,000,000,000,000⁴

We all are my friend, anyone who participates in any kind of forum such as this are on a list somwhere. Constitutionalism is a terrorist trait according to a brochure I saw a while back that was distributed to Homeland Security operatives years ago.

Heres the link to the brocure.
    Http://www.welfarestate.com/pamphlet/

"May you lick the hand that feeds you, may your chains lay lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!"
    Target Sports

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Similarly, somebody, somewhere is messing with dope. A casual bashing down of my door to see if it is me will result in lots of powder smoke. That event will write the last page of my life story. That's how it is.

This!!!!

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Ok,

How many of you guys have ever written search warrants? I write them all the time, and they are supported by probable cause, and sworn by Oath. The next step is they are reviewed and signed by a Judge. Do any of you guys see a problem in that process? That pretty much covers the 4th Amendment of the USC.

Let's not forget that Police Officers are sworn to uphold the Constitution, the laws of the state of Texas and their local city or county ordinances. Are there some bad eggs out there? Sure there are. But not as many as you might think.

And to ROGER4314, the Feds were talking to you guys for a reason. I'm sure that someone was stealing, otherwise they wouldn't be there talking to you guys to begin with. Obviously it wasn't you, but somebody, somewhere was guilty and taking stuff.

Things in the news most often then not get blown out of proportion and people need to remember that. Their job is to sell newspapers, not tell the truth.

In all my years as an LEO, I've never conducted a random search or even heard of anything like that.

And this gives them what rights?????

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    What about the seizures of firearms that occurred in New Orleans that were totally unreasonable?

That's a breech of 2 amendments.

These are obviously not upheld to the standard that I would be able to consider a right.

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    And this gives them what rights?????

Obviously to start an investigation and find out who is stealing. What else would it give them? Unless they have probable cause that would lead a reasonable and prudent person to believe that there was a crime committed, then they can write a search warrant, submit it to a judge who reviews it and either signs or doesn't sign it. Pretty simple stuff here. It's not rocket science.

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    What about the seizures of firearms that occurred in New Orleans that were totally unreasonable?

These are obviously not upheld to the standard that I would be able to consider a right.

From what I understand, the weapons taken during Katrina were taken for safekeeping to keep looters from stealing them and committing robberies and murders with them. I didn't agree with that myself and wouldn't have done that personally. During a catastrophe like that, shit happens though and they entered all homes to search for survivors and the deceased. I'm sure they took the guns to try and secure them. Don't get me wrong, I am all about people having the right to protect their family and property. I thought they issued martial law during Katrina, but Wiki says no.

Hurricane Katrina

Contrary to many media reports at the time, martial law was not declared in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, because no such term exists in Louisiana state law. However, a State of Emergency was declared, which does give unique powers to the state government similar to those of martial law. On the evening of August 31, 2005, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin nominally declared "martial law" and said that officers didn't have to observe civil rights and Miranda rights in stopping the looters.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#cite_note-24 Troops were a common sight in New Orleans after Katrina. At one point, as many as 15,000 federal troops and National Guardsmen patrolled the city. Additionally it has been reported that armed contractors from Blackwater USA assisted in policing the city.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#cite_note-25

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

That's what's doubly scary: the Obama administration pays no attention to the Constitution. If that anus wins a second term I can see this stuff coming to a head as he feels free to do whatever he wants in his second term. A battle is coming in this country between people like us who believe in the Constitution and want the government to abide by it, and "progressives" like Obama or Hillary Clinton who see it as an impediment and want it nullified.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Years ago I bought a bumper sticker and I just pulled it out to review it:

I LOVE MY COUNTRY
    BUT......
    I FEAR MY GOVERNMENT!

Stick that in my file, you spook xastards!

Flash

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    That says it for me as well: I love America, but I fear my government. I'll add that the ironic thing is if you quote Thomas Jefferson and any number of other Founding Fathers, you'll be targeted as a seditionist homegrown terrorist by the U.S. government. That alone speaks volumes for how far off kilter this country has moved since its founding.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    From what I understand, the weapons taken during Katrina were taken for safekeeping to keep looters from stealing them and committing robberies and murders with them. I didn't agree with that myself and wouldn't have done that personally. During a catastrophe like that, shit happens though and they entered all homes to search for survivors and the deceased. I'm sure they took the guns to try and secure them. Don't get me wrong, I am all about people having the right to protect their family and property. I thought they issued martial law during Katrina, but Wiki says no.

Hurricane Katrina

Contrary to many media reports at the time, martial law was not declared in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, because no such term exists in Louisiana state law. However, a State of Emergency was declared, which does give unique powers to the state government similar to those of martial law. On the evening of August 31, 2005, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin nominally declared "martial law" and said that officers didn't have to observe civil rights and Miranda rights in stopping the looters.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#cite_note-24 Troops were a common sight in New Orleans after Katrina. At one point, as many as 15,000 federal troops and National Guardsmen patrolled the city. Additionally it has been reported that armed contractors from Blackwater USA assisted in policing the city.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#cite_note-25

That's the official story. The reality is that they were taking them away from everybody, including lawful owners. They didn't give out receipts, and many were destroyed on the spot.

Katrina was a real eye-opener for me.

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    That's the official story. The reality is that they were taking them away from everybody, including lawful owners. They didn't give out receipts, and many were destroyed on the spot.

Katrina was a real eye-opener for me.

Do you know from personal experience? Were you there? I worked a security detail during Katrina and never saw that happen? Just curious.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Do you know from personal experience? Were you there? I worked a security detail during Katrina and never saw that happen? Just curious.

I know people who were, one of 'em worked for Blackwater. He didn't see the gun destruction either, but the NRA has found solid evidence of it.

As for the rest? Too many people have stood up and said that they had guns taken under those circumstances for it to be a hoax. And too many people have never had guns returned, because the lack of recordkeeping that started at the point of seizure and continues to the present day.

A high profile example:

The part that gets kind of skipped in that video (there are better ones, can't find them at the moment) is that she was holding a revolver in her left hand in a completely non-threatening manner. One of the cops yelled "Gun!" and they all rushed her and beat the shit out of her for holding a revolver in nothing even resembling a grip that it could be fired in while she's standing in her own goddamn kitchen.

This is the best-documented case of it, but not the only one. And there is zero excuse for what they did.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Obviously to start an investigation and find out who is stealing. What else would it give them? Unless they have probable cause that would lead a reasonable and prudent person to believe that there was a crime committed, then they can write a search warrant, submit it to a judge who reviews it and either signs or doesn't sign it. Pretty simple stuff here. It's not rocket science.

I don't think that gives the right to falsely accuse all of them and threaten to search each ones home. Doesn't sound too reasonable and prudent to me.

Yeah I know it was probably a scare tactic on their behalf---but it is BS

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't think that gives the right to falsely accuse all of them and threaten to search each ones home. Doesn't sound too reasonable and prudent to me.

Yeah I know it was probably a scare tactic on their behalf---but it is BS

Scare tactic? Intimidation. Intimidation who has the power of the law behind him and the power of a gun on his hip.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You guys are freaking out over nothing. If you aren't trafficking in narcotics, a terrorist or committing other major crimes, you don't have anything to worry about.
    No-knock raid victimizes mayor, kills dogs
    Mistakes happen... I posted it in the other thread but I think it's worth saying twice. I don't think the risk of a mistake is worth the times when everything goes as planned.

Top Bottom