Venture Surplus ad

Warrants Let Agents Enter Homes Without Owner Knowing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    It's only going to get worse. People now a days don't care what is happening in the world around them, they just care about themselves. This will be the downfall of the America we love. Sad but true. Fascism here we come!

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    It's only going to get worse. People now a days don't care what is happening in the world around them, they just care about themselves. This will be the downfall of the America we love. Sad but true. Fascism here we come!

nail on the head

American ME!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    North Texas

ONLY if WE let it! The unwashed masses of dumbasses will be the first to grovel to US and lick our boots, begging for protection! No surrender! No way! No how! No fascism! NEVER!:patriot:

ryantx23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    North TX
    You guys are freaking out over nothing. If you aren't trafficking in narcotics, a terrorist or committing other major crimes, you don't have anything to worry about. Why do I sense a lot of not so police friendly sentiment here? Police Officers aren't your enemy, they are here to do their job and keep everyone safe. It's real easy to not be a criminal. The system is broken at a higher level then Police Officers. If you want to point a finger at someone, point it at the lawmakers and judges who let criminals out of prison early or fail to prosecute them at all.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^ do you not see the potential for abuse here?

this kindof thinking is a perfect illustration of rifletx91

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ONLY if WE let it! The unwashed masses of dumbasses will be the first to grovel to US and lick our boots, begging for protection! No surrender! No way! No how! No fascism! NEVER!:patriot:

reminds me of somone i once knew.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    You guys are freaking out over nothing. If you aren't trafficking in narcotics, a terrorist or committing other major crimes, you don't have anything to worry about. Why do I sense a lot of not so police friendly sentiment here? Police Officers aren't your enemy, they are here to do their job and keep everyone safe. It's real easy to not be a criminal. The system is broken at a higher level then Police Officers. If you want to point a finger at someone, point it at the lawmakers and judges who let criminals out of prison early or fail to prosecute them at all.

Granted, I don't have any fear of police coming to my door in force at any time of the day.
    But regardless of how law abiding you and I may be, this is something the founding fathers of this nation would have been up in arms about!
    It is a slippery slope that can lead to a further erosion of our rights collectively as citizens.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Granted, I don't have any fear of police coming to my door in force at any time of the day.
    But regardless of how law abiding you and I may be, this is something the founding fathers of this nation would have been up in arms about!
    It is a slippery slope that can lead to a further erosion of our rights collectively as citizens.

+1

prometheus

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Rockwall
    Though I have no reason to believe I would ever have any trouble with law enforcment on any level, because I rigorously abide the law, but if anyone were to mistakenly or otherwise try to force thier way into my home without my consent, or a valid warrant, I PROMISE violent escalation. Nobody will crap on my rights under the flag of anti terrorism, anti drug etcetera. Benjamin Franklin said "He who would sacrifice even a small measure of liberty for any measure of security clearly deserves neither!" Nuff said. I'm not anti LE, not at all, but I am extremely pro constitution and if cops are truly your friends, then they would not only enjoy their own inalienable rights, but respect yours as well.

"When SHTF, If A has bullets but no food, and B has food but no bullets, then A has food."

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    That is the beauty of classifying Clear and Present Dangers under terrorism. If they were only allowed to kick in the doors of drug/human trafficers or dope houses, then we wouldn't need to worry much. But, if you place warrants to kick in doors under terrorism, then you can widen the definition of whose house you could kick-in. This could lead to warrants issued to kick down doors for those speaking out against the government (who are often classified as extremists or racists, which ironically, both words are used to describe terrorists).

I don't think it is an anti-police sentiment. If I were a cop, I wouldn't want to kick in doors of Americans who are not happy with the government and are within the constitution. But, with the rapid erosion of freedoms we are experiencing, where can the line be drawn?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    4th Amendment
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

This isn't anti-police at all. This is pro-Constitution, pro-Freedom, pro-everything-our-nation-stands-for. Those who execute these types of searches ARE violating someone's rights, PERIOD. There's nothing vague about it.

Top Bottom