• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harlelifer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    San Antonio, TX
    I have had my Walther PPQ 9mm M2 since it came out in 2013. The only issue I have is that when I want to to CC, this Walther is a bit on the large size. I tried many a small gun including Glocks, S&W, Walther PPK, Ruger, Springfield to name a few. I finally settled on my 2 main guns. My Walther PPQ in 9mm for open carry and my new Springfield Armory Hellcat for CC days.

I still have a few others but these 2 are my favorites, my go to handguns.So here is my question.

Walther has discontinued the PPQ and replaced it with the Walther PDP. I will not be able to shoot for a few more months again, Has anyone tried the PDP and does anyone have any experience with both the PPQ and the PDP and can give some pros and cons. As soon as I am able I will rent/buy one and try it but wanted some opinions from anyone with experience in one or the other. Have owned this PPQ since they first came out and absolutely love it but figure a replacement for it would have to be just as good and better.

Any opinions would be great. I am a firm believe in guns are like bourbon. Everyone has a difference of opinion and whatever you like you should use. Hell, why carry a gun because someone else likes it. Shoot em all and get what feels great to you.

Thanks all, in advance for your insight.

SimonRL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Planet Earth
    I have a couple of P99s, a Q5 SF and a PDP compact 5 in and they are all outstanding pistols. You certainly will not be disappointed with the PDP as far as shooting, accuracy, etc goes, but the slide is significantly chunkier than the PPQ and you may not find it as comfortable to carry as the PPQ. On the positive the PDP is optic ready, so if that is your bag, you’re in good shape. If you are sold on the PPQ you could always check out the P99AS Final Edition, it is a fantastic gun with a smooth DA/SA trigger. For what it is worth, I prefer the PDP over the PPQ.

Top Bottom