America Soon? England's Guns: Duty to Right to Disarmament with Joyce Malcolm, 2nd Amendment

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    SPOILER ALERT: BEWARE this video discussion is only for the most nerdy historical and political junkies on this forum. Sort of like going back to school. You have to listen and pay attention which is not a bad thing. Being said nerdy guy I learned a lot how without a strong written constitutional protection to keep and bear arms any government like UK will deprive their citizens of the means to protect themselves, loved ones and property.

For example the British Home Office which controls all police in UK sent secret instructions to local police which had the effect to severely limit citizens from getting permits to own guns after 1920. And that citizens are for the most part forbidden to carry any means of self-protection including knitting needles. I kid you not. Elsewhere on this forum I posted a topic how UK is banning 'zombie knives'. Here is bio on the author being interviewed.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Couldn't watch the video, sorry, so my uninformed comment is that it won't happen here without CWII first...at which point that ^^ becomes moot.

Thanks for reply anyway. If it helps here is a Brit showing and discussing the guns he can/can't have in UK.

I used to live in the UK and owned shotguns and firearms there. There laws and very strict and l was unfortunate to loose my handguns there due to the government giving into to political pressure. So what guns can you own those days in the UK? Well quite a bit as long as you have good reason to own it that is. When you’re done watching it, do you think it’s worse than California? Personally l do by quite a bit and that’s saying something! However, l do love watching videos on gun owners in the UK and l am glad they continue to enjoy their sport.

Miami_JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    FL
    SPOILER ALERT: BEWARE this video discussion is only for the most nerdy historical and political junkies on this forum. Sort of like going back to school. You have to listen and pay attention which is not a bad thing. Being said nerdy guy I learned a lot how without a strong written constitutional protection to keep and bear arms any government like UK will deprive their citizens of the means to protect themselves, loved ones and property.

For example the British Home Office which controls all police in UK sent secret instructions to local police which had the effect to severely limit citizens from getting permits to own guns after 1920. And that citizens are for the most part forbidden to carry any means of self-protection including knitting needles. I kid you not. Elsewhere on this forum I posted a topic how UK is banning 'zombie knives'. Here is bio on the author being interviewed.

The UK enacted gun control for similar reasons the US has enacted gun control. Neither country's ruling class wanted the working class to be armed. In the US, it was mostly Jim Crow and anti-immigration causes that pushed gun control back then. In the UK, it was the return of the working class after The Great War suddenly wanting freedom.

Neither country's landed gentry wanted the plebs to be armed. Especially after both country's working class fought and died in the trenches for the belief of egalitarian liberty.

Both countries had a post-WWI Red Scare and gun control was enacted as a means to crush such possible issues. The US, UK, Australia, etc... all did it.

BigRed

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I recall some piece of **** calling itself "king george iii" tried something like this back around April 19, 1775.

It did not turn out well for that **** sucker.

It turned out even worse for the toadies the **** sucker sent to do his dirty work.

Some seem hell bent on revisiting those days.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Politicians can ban guns in America all they want..........but with approximately 390,000,000 privately owned firearms in the United States........they will never be able to actually get rid of them.

Confiscation would not be well received here.

Top Bottom