• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I can't speak about Kidd products except for their reputation which is rock solid. I have done a LOT of business with Volquartsen covering many years which included trigger groups, trigger parts, bolt releases, extractors and springs. I have nothing but positive things to say about Volquartsen products and their customer service. The prices suck but all of them are too expensive IMHO. They do exactly what they are supposed to do and that makes the price worthwhile.

Flash
    DK Firearms

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I've had both and both are VERY good. Excellent materials, fit, and finish. Both have amazingly, light and crisp triggers - no creep, no grit, very positive reset. I gave my VQ to my brother a few years ago then bought a KIDD trigger not long after and never looked back. They both do the job very well but KIDD won me over with their great customer service (Maripat and Tony are awesome) and support their products without question. This coupled with the fact that they are here in Texas - well, that's icing on the cake.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I want to use the Kidd that I bought as a reference to what a real trigger is supposed to feel like so while I am experimenting with the other two spares. Seems like a lot of trial and error.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm a big believer in the KIDD product and my rifle has Kidd receiver, Kidd bolt, Kidd pin kit and buffer, but I did put a VQ trigger group in my build because it was available and less expensive at Midway. It is excellent.

I'll say though Kidd CS is great. You can call and actually talk to someone, be it technical or order wise.

Both Kidd and VQ are excellent companies.

My 1022 that has a VQ tirgger group and pretty much KIDD everything else.

10-22_zps5f45ad67.gif

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I'm a big believer in the KIDD product and my rifle has Kidd receiver, Kidd bolt, Kidd pin kit and buffer, but I did put a VQ trigger group in my build because it was available and less expensive at Midway. It is excellent.

I'll say though Kidd CS is great. You can call and actually talk to someone, be it technical or order wise.

Both Kidd and VQ are excellent companies.

My 1022 that has a VQ tirgger group and pretty much KIDD everything else.

10-22_zps5f45ad67.gif
    Why would you build such a nice rifle and put it in a Hogue stock? Im just picking at you, I did the same thing on my build and got that same question a million times. I kinda went the opposite way as you, kidd receiver, pin kit, drop-in trigger kit with a volquartsen carbon barrel and volq bolt for the 17HM2 conversion and of course a Hogue stock. Just need better glass and itll be done.
    20130411_203737_zps13a450ea.jpg

What Im interested to see is what kind of difference there is between the drop-in kit and the single stage trigger group. I cant imagine the trigger pull being any better and with the spring kit he sells you can tune the pull weight of the drop-in all for quite a bit less.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I am getting my Kidd single stage tomorrow and I am going to drop it in and see what a real trigger feels like compared to the trigger group I attempted to upgrade. Going to try to get to the ASC range in the next couple of days if anyone wants to come and do some research.

Very nice navyguy.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    What Im interested to see is what kind of difference there is between the drop-in kit and the single stage trigger group. I cant imagine the trigger pull being any better and with the spring kit he sells you can tune the pull weight of the drop-in all for quite a bit less.

I like the Hogue stock, but might change it out at some point. Probably after I get this set up perfectly tuned to shoot one hole at 50 yards. LOL

On your rifle, are you using the VQ barrel scope mount or the receiver?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I like the Hogue stock, but might change it out at some point. Probably after I get this set up perfectly tuned to shoot one hole at 50 yards. LOL

On your rifle, are you using the VQ barrel scope mount or the receiver?
    UUsingthe 0 moa rail that came with the Kidd reciever. The rail comes with the reciever so I saw no point in buying the crazy priced volq barrel rail. I think eventually I'll swap to a pws raptor stock to save some weight and bed the action but that'll be a while.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    UUsingthe 0 moa rail that came with the Kidd reciever. The rail comes with the reciever so I saw no point in buying the crazy priced volq barrel rail. I think eventually I'll swap to a pws raptor stock to save some weight and bed the action but that'll be a while.

Yeah I get that. The idea of the barrel mount was supposedly to eliminate barrel drupe so your scope is always in line with the barrel, receiver out of the equation. But then they have other means to deal with that.

With as tight as the Kidd barrel/receiver is, I can't imagine much drupe. The Houge stock gives a pressure point just beyond the V block which is near 100 % free float. I don't know if additional bedding will be of much value with that set up.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    The Kidd single stage trigger is way better than I would of thought. 1 1/2 lb vs. about 30lb stock..lol Now it is all about ammo. The 36 gr is not the way to go. It looks like 40 gr is the ticket. It was like night and day. I would of never thought you could get wood from a trigger job. It has before with a different kind of job. I am going to try some match ammo that Scott gave me to try. I am sure with good ammo it should not be a problem getting a round through the same hole. I am very impressed with the Kidd trigger. I will get back here after another round with good ammo. If anyone wants to join me at ASC just let me know. This new trigger has gotten me back into the 10/22 bug again.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    The Kidd single stage trigger is way better than I would of thought. 1 1/2 lb vs. about 30lb stock..lol Now it is all about ammo. The 36 gr is not the way to go. It looks like 40 gr is the ticket. It was like night and day. I would of never thought you could get wood from a trigger job. It has before with a different kind of job. I am going to try some match ammo that Scott gave me to try. I am sure with good ammo it should not be a problem getting a round through the same hole. I am very impressed with the Kidd trigger. I will get back here after another round with good ammo. If anyone wants to join me at ASC just let me know. This new trigger has gotten me back into the 10/22 bug again.

Great to hear you like the trigger, bro. Those of us that own one expected as much. I've had great results with Wolf Match Target... but they are as rare as unicorns nowadays.

Top Bottom