• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    None of those Antifa type of people are low profile online and it should be easy to track a digital footprint to show who they really are.

Of course just because its stupid doesn't mean they wouldn't do it.
    Antifa has been around for quite some time, they were called, and sometimes still are called, Anarchists. Now most are young and probably not as savvy, but those at the top are quite sophisticated.
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    For the governor and D legislators, the war has already been won regardless of what happens Monday.

The courts upheld the state of emergency that essentially suspends second amendment rights.

Nothing happens and they will be able to provide an example that ‘it’ worked. If anything happens, doesn’t matter who or what sparked it, everyone gets painted as bat shit crazies that can’t even behave themselves despite all the measures taken.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    For the governor and D legislators, the war has already been won regardless of what happens Monday.

No, Monday's battle has been won, they are likely to lose the war which will conclude on the next election.

Nothing happens and they will be able to provide an example that ‘it’ worked. If anything happens, doesn’t matter who or what sparked it, everyone gets painted as bat shit crazies that can’t even behave themselves despite all the measures taken.

I agree and I would call it off. They are walking into an ambush.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just so everyone knows, gun owners have been showing up armed at AV capitol on lobby day for as long as I can remember with zero incidents.

This appears to be a textbook case of MFG a crisis.
    Absolutely. The same tactic used by many a dictator over the years.

Create a false scare. Implement severe measures for the "safety and security" of the "people". Invite conflict while claiming to avoid it. Use the resulting action as an excuse for complete control.

If anyone wonders what the US will be like should Dems get control of the WH and Congress, take a gander here.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I think that Soros and his ilk always promotes unrest at events like this. I can actually see him sending busloads of antifas there just to create problems. It's what these people do, they do it at rally's and just about any kind of Republican event. If they pull it off it could make gun rights people look bad in the eyes of the common wishy washy sheeple. It is easy for us to see thru the rouse, but remember they are doing it to make us look bad in front of everyone else. Anyway no matter what happens it will be fun to watch how the fake news and FOX handle it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There needs to be an "unannounced" rescheduling...
    Easier said than done. Traditionally Lobby Day is the one day of the year an ordinary citizen can go to the capitol in Virginia and be heard by a senator or delegate without an appointment. Gun rights activists have been showing up for this event for years. Do you think that Northam would allow such a gathering at another date?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Easier said than done....

Pretty sure VA has multiple ‘Lobby Day’ days, unless things have changed significantly. Unless this the last of the year.

Here’s an example of one on Jan 28.

1d7d49d0c716f75c3497629be0c901d1.jpg

I won’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of VA political events, but strategy beats tactics any day and Monday is tactics.

Attachments

• 1d7d49d0c716f75c3497629be0c901d1.jpg
      1d7d49d0c716f75c3497629be0c901d1.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 444

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Pretty sure VA has multiple ‘Lobby Day’ days, unless things have changed significantly. Unless this the last of the year.

Here’s an example of one on Jan 28.

View attachment 198130

I won’t pretend to know all the ins and outs of VA political events, but strategy beats tactics any day and Monday is tactics.
    I'm not sure of that "conservation lobby day", I had read about the history of "lobby day" in Virginia, and that's what it had said about it.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Looking at the upside/downside imvho if the 'plants' start crap we're gonna take the heat regardless, might as well take the opportunity to make it a teaching moment.

Joking, I shouldn't have to say that but some people don't get my humor.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    IMO there will be plants that start shit in an attempt to make the law-abiding patriots look like outlaws and terrorists. This has happened before where plants have shown up at rallies disguised as patriots and carrying overtly racist and otherwise provocative signs and using the same type of inflammatory language and getting in front of every camera they can.

That's all the MSM needs to run with it without any proof or identification of who these people really are.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    IMO there will be plants that start shit in an attempt to make the law-abiding patriots look like outlaws and terrorists. This has happened before where plants have shown up at rallies disguised as patriots and carrying overtly racist and otherwise provocative signs and using the same type of inflammatory language and getting in front of every camera they can.

That's all the MSM needs to run with it without any proof or identification of who these people really are.
    Yep. It's going to happen. I've heard estimates of between 20k and 50k people showing up. I can't imagine every single one of them will be well behaved.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    People were worried about plants at a lot of the Texas Open Carry events a few years back, too. There are enough sillies in the crowd that honest they don't need plants. Remember Kory? Better to NOT show up than to be stupid while there.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You dont win over enemies, you make good enemies out of them and deal with the reasonable people left alive from a position of strength.

Top Bottom