• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I once installed dual Mico brake locks on an old pickup.
    The only way to steal it was drag it onto a flat bed, or strip in on the spot

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've installed a few on kias. Usually I interrupt a wire going to a starter or power relay. If you're savvy and have a wiring diagram you can use existing accessories like a wiper switch to create a signal that enables cranking or power supply to injectors. I used to work on State troopers crown vics and they all run a hidden floor switch that disables the shift interlock. Even if they get it started, you can't shift out of park. The guy with the Kia was happy with it, a momentary contact switch that had to be held to start it.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I've installed a few on kias. Usually I interrupt a wire going to a starter or power relay. If you're savvy and have a wiring diagram you can use existing accessories like a wiper switch to create a signal that enables cranking or power supply to injectors. I used to work on State troopers crown vics and they all run a hidden floor switch that disables the shift interlock. Even if they get it started, you can't shift out of park. The guy with the Kia was happy with it, a momentary contact switch that had to be held to start it.
    They still have that on cop cars, my charger has 1 but it’s not on the floor anymore. Push a button and it locks the shifter in park.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Ravelco is the name of what I'm talking about.
    That's probably the best one available for this style of disabler IMHO

Personally I just pull a critical fuse, #51 on my trucks. It's ignition or fuel or ECU, I can remember which but it definitely won't start LOL

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    They still have that on cop cars, my charger has 1 but it’s not on the floor anymore. Push a button and it locks the shifter in park.
    A Deputy's Tahoe had one when I drove it to Hospital for him since he was out of his county and rode in an ambulance with his now arrested prisoner (evading in veh), but our Taurus,Explorer and F150 based Fords don't have them and neither do our Chevy models.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    A Deputy's Tahoe had one when I drove it to Hospital for him since he was out of his county and rode in an ambulance with his now arrested prisoner (evading in veh), but our Taurus,Explorer and F150 based Fords don't have them and neither do our Chevy models.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

So if you wanna steal a police vehicle...

MFAST

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2024
    Galveston Texas
    There are relays available that are remotely disabled. Replace a fuel pump or ecm relay with one and you have a remote kill switch. Just keep the original somewhere in the vehicle for a backup. Comes with a little key fob like an aftermarket alarm. Way more difficult for a thief to figure out in limited time. Before these were available, we used to wire the starter interrupt through a factory switch like the high beams or a window switch so you would have to activate the switch in order for the vehicle to crank. I personally don't like starter interrupt kill switches because they are so common and are defeated easily. Better to interrupt power to the fuel pump or ecm, etc.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf

Caution!!
    nothing can stop a tow truck or a flatbed trailer and a winch.
    I’ve heard this is pretty effective…

1728230153748.jpeg

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    We had a spare truck (2011 f150 EB) that sat in the driveway alot. I would pull the fuel pump relay. I liked that it would run long enough to move +/-100' then die and not restart. I figure it would a) show you definitively that someone had tried. And b) screw with their ooda loop.
    I'd seriously considered tieing it into the upfitter switches on my super duty. Hell, you could even use more than one switch, a pattern, or even all 4..

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Years ago a friend of mine had a delayed kill switch on his classic 240Z. Not sure exactly how that worked electronically/mechanically, but if you took off in the car it would go about a mile and die. When the car dies in traffic and everybody starts honking the thieves aren't going to hang around trying to figure out where you hid the switch. It worked. He got a call one day from the cops asking him why his car was stalled on the road and abandoned. He got there before the tow arrived and got it back.

Top Bottom