• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I once installed dual Mico brake locks on an old pickup.
    The only way to steal it was drag it onto a flat bed, or strip in on the spot

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've installed a few on kias. Usually I interrupt a wire going to a starter or power relay. If you're savvy and have a wiring diagram you can use existing accessories like a wiper switch to create a signal that enables cranking or power supply to injectors. I used to work on State troopers crown vics and they all run a hidden floor switch that disables the shift interlock. Even if they get it started, you can't shift out of park. The guy with the Kia was happy with it, a momentary contact switch that had to be held to start it.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I've installed a few on kias. Usually I interrupt a wire going to a starter or power relay. If you're savvy and have a wiring diagram you can use existing accessories like a wiper switch to create a signal that enables cranking or power supply to injectors. I used to work on State troopers crown vics and they all run a hidden floor switch that disables the shift interlock. Even if they get it started, you can't shift out of park. The guy with the Kia was happy with it, a momentary contact switch that had to be held to start it.
    They still have that on cop cars, my charger has 1 but it’s not on the floor anymore. Push a button and it locks the shifter in park.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    They still have that on cop cars, my charger has 1 but it’s not on the floor anymore. Push a button and it locks the shifter in park.
    A Deputy's Tahoe had one when I drove it to Hospital for him since he was out of his county and rode in an ambulance with his now arrested prisoner (evading in veh), but our Taurus,Explorer and F150 based Fords don't have them and neither do our Chevy models.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    A Deputy's Tahoe had one when I drove it to Hospital for him since he was out of his county and rode in an ambulance with his now arrested prisoner (evading in veh), but our Taurus,Explorer and F150 based Fords don't have them and neither do our Chevy models.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

So if you wanna steal a police vehicle...

Top Bottom