• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    This quickly after the purchase, they usually will. And, yeah - normally on the later models, it's gonna be under the rear passenger seat. They ain't put 'em under the hood for a while now.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Well, they have decided to give me one. Not without a bit of arguing it seems like. I had my dad call them, since he is my co-signer and lives in Amarillo where I bought it, and he got it fixed up.

Woohoo.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    This quickly after the purchase, they usually will. And, yeah - normally on the later models, it's gonna be under the rear passenger seat. They ain't put 'em under the hood for a while now.

Knew they used to. Think the 250's might still have them there.

Tapatalk sent it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    While you're at it, check to see if you have locking lug nuts. If so, now is the time to find the "Key" or whatever is needed to remove them.
    I found out too late once. It's "fun" trying to explain to a shop foreman why you can't "bring it in". It's got a damn flat! I can't change it! It's setting on the side of the road!

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Curious as to why you went with the 2010 Xlt when you could have gotten a 2011 Xlt with the 5.0 for around 27k? Great truck either way! My next vehicle will be a Ecoboost crew cab.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Well, they have decided to give me one. Not without a bit of arguing it seems like. I had my dad call them, since he is my co-signer and lives in Amarillo where I bought it, and he got it fixed up.

Woohoo.

consider yourself lucky. used is used and most places won't honor anything like that without an extended warranty, as soon as the truck leaves the lot.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Curious as to why you went with the 2010 Xlt when you could have gotten a 2011 Xlt with the 5.0 for around 27k? Great truck either way! My next vehicle will be a Ecoboost crew cab.

He got a 4x4. a 2011 XLT 4x4 crew cab has an msrp of $37.8k. I doubt you could get any dealer to go down to $27k out the door. When I got my '12 I contacted dealers from Angleton to Cleveland and everywhere in between, and nobody would go more than $5k under msrp (though I wanted an EcoBoost).

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    consider yourself lucky. used is used and most places won't honor anything like that without an extended warranty, as soon as the truck leaves the lot.

My dad actually convinced me into getting the extended warranty. The truck has relatively high-er mileage, and was about to be up from it's warranty. I'm pretty hard on my vehicles, so I figured it would be okay to pay a tiny bit extra.

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    He got a 4x4. a 2011 XLT 4x4 crew cab has an msrp of $37.8k. I doubt you could get any dealer to go down to $27k out the door. When I got my '12 I contacted dealers from Angleton to Cleveland and everywhere in between, and nobody would go more than $5k under msrp (though I wanted an EcoBoost).

Of course not new, buying a new f150 is outrageous talk as the xlt's depreciate 10k in a year. I can find used 2011 4x4 xlt's in my area for around 27-30k with quite low miles. I want a raptor so bad..... Damn things don't depreciate lol. Need to see what the 2011's go for next year.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I bought new. You're making me sad.

But ya, I want a 6.2 Raptor soooo bad, but damn if they're not expensive and the dealers won't budge a penny on their prices! I don't want to settle for a 5.4 2dr Raptor, and it's even still hard finding a used 6.2 4dr.

Realistically though, you're better off buying an XLT 4x4 like the OP did, then putting $15k of suspension under it. Then you'd have a truck that's 100x more capable than a Raptor, for less cost overall.

Top Bottom