• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Oh don’t feel singled out. This will be wide spread. Player just threw Ok St head coach under a bus for a T-shirt he had on in a pic of a fishing trip. I guess the player took offense to the One America Network? I’d never heard of it. Beside the point now they just LOOKING for something to be against. I’m not sure how all this is going to turn out.
    Hurley's Gold

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    sidebite252; All,

The "perpetually OFFENDED" students really need to be told that they are nothing more than "college kids" & are NOT "running things" at any college/university.

IF the "offended" do NOT like what the rules for student behavior are, they should GET OUT & find a place where they are "in charge" & are free to make rules that they do like.

IF I was the coach at OK State, I would tell the player to "conform or leave the team."

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    But I predict that won’t happen. We will see these schools cave. I bet mullet boy Gundy will fold like a cheap lawn chair. We shall soon see.

sidebite252,

You may well be correct, as I don't know Coach Gundy.

I can tell you that Coach Royal would have quickly told such a player to do as he was told or turn-in his uniform.
    (I was lucky enough to have had Coach Royal as a prof when I was an undergrad & RESPECTED him.)

ADDENDA: WOAI Radio News just reported at 1930 hours that Hubbard has APOLOGIZED to Coach Gundy for his conduct.

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Virtually every state run institution has been lurching left. Defund them and then they can do whatever dumb shit they want to.

UT has been pretty far left for a long while now. I stopped off there for a bit in the 80's when I got out of the Marines. It was already lost at that point.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Seriously? Because it has "America" in the name?
    Maybe a shorter list would be the things that do NOT offend them. You know, a "safe list".
    From the people that brought us "safe rooms".

I think it was due to them being known as an extreme right leaning network. I’d never heard of them. But just to be clear I don’t think it was about America in the name.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I think it was due to them being known as an extreme right leaning network. I’d never heard of them. But just to be clear I don’t think it was about America in the name.
    That's funny! Wife and I used to watch OANN all the time when we had sat TV. They did actual journalism and spent little time on opinion. It allowed them to cover about four times as much ground.
    Extreme right wing?
    Maybe when compared to the vile DNC-led alphabet networks. That's about it.
    Pretty offensive stuff, telling the truth...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    It's not a fight song. It's a ballad of strenuous disagreement.

MikeyJ,

1st, THE EYES OF TEXAS is NOT & NEVER HAS BEEN the UT Fight Song.
    (That alone tells a person from Texas that the author of the piece is a DUNCE & too slothful and/or too ignorant to seek the FACTS.)

TEXAS FIGHT is the school's Fight Song.

yours, satx
    Certified ORANGEBLOOD

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If they do change the University of Texas Fight Song they should, they should change it to the Hokey Pokey.

Because that's what it's all about.

Army1911,

FWIW, my lady came home from shopping one afternoon & told me about seeing a lady in a tee-shirt that said,

"What if the Hokey Pokey is really what it's all about??"

yours, satx

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    The cannon being fired and the Big Bertha drum beating has to be "offensive" to some people for some reason too.
    If they get rid of a song that some feel is racist, then they can get rid of most rap music they play. Its also racist to black folk and promotes violence or other illegal activities. Bunch of ungrateful ass kids, parents, teachers. No one is forced to go there, pay to study there or receive scholarships.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    As an Aggie I know said "Texas has a fight song? Who knew?

Sorry satx, can't resist. ;)

Anyone old enough to remember the "riot" after a UT/A&M basketball game (2nd semester of the '62 school year?).

We Ag's were seated in the bleachers on the floor of the basketball court and were pelted with cups of ice and trash from the seats above during the entire game. At the last buzzer both sides meet in the middle of the court and we proceeded to kick some tu ass.

AAMOF, there appeared in the New Orleans Times Picayune newspaper the very next morning, a front page, over head picture of your's truly Aggie Fish, standing knee deep in teasips on the court, connecting with a left hook to the chin of another.

Shortly thereafter someone hit me from behind with a shoe to the side of the head, and when I went down I couldn't even hit the floor.

Back on campus the next day that photo, which had already made the rounds, saved me from some pisshead hazing misery for a couple weeks thereafter. ;)

C3 Medical Co ... gig'em!

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    "More inclusive to the black community". A person of color (black) can raise hell and scream racist until they get in any school they want. But, another person of color (white) can raise hell and scream racist to get in an all black school and their told no way, get out of here, screw you, your the wrong color, so on and so forth and are not let in.

Top Bottom