• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I don’t see how anyone who has payed attention to what’s been happening at UT for the past decade or so thinks UT will have any backbone now.

That school has been lurching left for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun,

Pardon me for fore reminding you that ESSENTIALLY ALL colleges have "lurched left" since most members of this forum were college age.
    (In the event that you don't KNOW that fact, you need to visit a few colleges/universities. = Even Baylor & TAMU now have LEFTIST morons on the faculty & in the student body )

yours, satx

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun,

Pardon me for fore reminding you that ESSENTIALLY ALL colleges have "lurched left" since most members of this forum were college age.
    (In the event that you don't KNOW that fact, you need to visit a few colleges/universities. = Even Baylor & TAMU now have LEFTIST morons on the faculty & in the student body )

yours, satx

I wouldn’t claim support of any of them either.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I wouldn’t claim support of any of them either.

Younggun,

AGREED 100%.

That's WHY some friends & I are in the process of preparing to open a CONSERVATIVE, church-affiliated, Junior College for "highly intelligent" & "VERY carefully selected" students that will have NO LEFTISTS on the staff/faculty.
    (Texas NEEDS at least ONE college that I wouldn't fear for my young/adopted son to attend, when he is old enough for college.)

Note: The planned/small/private college will accept NO public funds of any sort, so the government can force us to do NOTHING that offends our religious/moral/cultural beliefs.

ADDENDA: Since 2 members have now asked, we plan to open the college in September 2022 & likely will draw most of our initial group of freshmen from our denomination's private schools in CONUS & OCONUS nations, as well as from the ranks of "the home-schooled" students.
    (Our church has had numerous schools in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe & in the USA since about 1820.)
    ALL prospective students will be required to submit recommendations from their pastor, priest, rabbi or other religious leader, as well as at least 3 other character references.

yours, satx

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Younggun,

yours, satx
    True. But tu has had many more and they started fifty years ago.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    If they want to start change, then no statues, songs, shrines,etc. then start by changing MLK back to 19 street all over the USA
    And any other thing that is named inpoliticaly wrong

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    As an Aggie can safely say Bevo is likely safe from becoming hamburger these days, unlike in the Old Army days.

Last time in CS there appeared to be more snowflake man bun vegans than bbq and boots ...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    As an Aggie can safely say Bevo is likely safe from becoming hamburger these days, unlike in the Old Army days.

Last time in CS there appeared to be more snowflake man bun vegans than bbq and boots ...

karlac,

HOPEFULLY, Baylor's Bears are safe from marauding "GAGGIES", too in 2020.
    (Remind me to tell you sometime about 3 "clowns from CS", who tried to kidnap SHASTA from UofH. - You won't hear any TAMU student/ex who laughs about that particular EMBARRASSING fiasco. = The owner of the vet clinic off Little York Rd in Harris County used to take care of my dogs in those days/DAZE & told me what REALLY happened.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    My wife went to UT, so did her dad and he always has season tickets. He talks crap about all the teams, especially using the old timer trash talk, which I can only assume has been PC'd out long ago. What's next, change yelling back and forth Texas!... Fight! to Texas...Reconcile, Peace, or any other Antonym for fight. Or get rid of Bevo, change it from a longhorn to a homeless dude in a tutu, otherwise known as a Leslie.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Now, now.....if it wasn't for TAMU, where would the Baylor grads get their wives and employees?......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I think you have that backwards. Aggies have been invading Waco for decades to find a girl that he won't be embarrassed to be seen with in public.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don’t see how anyone who has payed attention to what’s been happening at UT for the past decade or so thinks UT will have any backbone now.

That school has been lurching left for a while now.
    Virtually every state run institution has been lurching left. Defund them and then they can do whatever dumb shit they want to.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    What is the TWU mascot?

sidebite252,

Fyi, I was once on the university staff at TWU, took several graduate school courses there (Staff members could take up to 9 hours per semester for free back then.), was once married to a "Tessie" for over 7 years & to my personal knowledge, there is NO school mascot for TWU, unless you mean that the undergraduates are divided into FISH & HELICOPTERS.

Fwiw, being a unmarried male on the campus of TWU (at least in those days) was DANGEROUS to your batchelor status, as there were a GREAT MANY alluring coeds there, who were intent on receiving her "MRS." by graduation day.

yours, satx

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I think you have that backwards. Aggies have been invading Waco for decades to find a girl that he won't be embarrassed to be seen with in public.
    Never had bit of trouble in the early 60’s putting up a library pass and driving the 90 miles to pick out a random date in front of tu’s Kinsolving. Never failed... ;)

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Never had bit of trouble in the early 60’s putting up a library pass and driving the 90 miles to pick out a random date front of Kinsolving. Never failed... ;)

Karlac,

In my "young & single days of yore", SRD was my favorite "hunting ground".
    (The those long ago "college DAZE", I had a '57 Red/White Vette & you had to drive 40MPH to keep the UT coeds out of the passenger seat AND/OR out of the v-berths on my Owens cruiser..)

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom