• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Have a couple of younger "hipster" cousins. They are "drooling" fans of a really great EDC.

PPK/S 380 STAINLESS

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I guess my definition of a hipster gun must be different than y'alls - I'm thinking a hipster gun would be more the likes of a Glock and shot sideways. No?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I guess my definition of a hipster gun must be different than y'alls - I'm thinking a hipster gun would be more the likes of a Glock and shot sideways. No?

Hipsters - flannel & denim, thick rimmed plastic glasses wearing, neck beard growing goofs. May or may not know how to properly hold a pistol. Drinks only either small batch craft beer, or shitty cheap beer. Only dirt on their work boots comes from the walk across the you-pick apple orchard. Smokes a pipe because all the other hipsters do it.

OGnx5vd.jpg

ZKJ0B7u.jpg

EcY9vcU.png

Homeboy / Ghetto boy - saggy pants & wife beaters, also known to wear flannel shirts but only to button the top button, and known to shoot holding the gun sideways, even "throwing" the bullets as they shoot. Prefers Old English or MD2020. Smokes Swisher Sweets with the tobacco removed and replaced with Mexican ditch weed.

WIdb2Lw.jpg

1pmUArz.jpg

nIGpjxd.jpg

And thus concludes this presentation :laughing:

Low_Speed94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2020
    DFW
    A true hipster gun would be something in an obsolete caliber that’s not made anymore.

like a star model Bin 9mm largo or a Nagant revolver

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    A hipster by it's primary definition, as I am led to understand by my rather limited knowledge of our vocabulary, is one who is mainly interested in new trends, fads, fashions, and such. I see none of the choices mentioned as being new trends as to which firearms to EDC. Yet, I suppose it could be that someone might try to set a trend after time traveling, with Mr. Peabody & Sherman, in the Wayback Machine and returning to now now with one of those antiquated handguns mentioned early on. Thing is, they would not likely be trend setting.

1605090550096.png

I tend to think, a hipster's EDC might be one of these:

https://laugo.us/ (There is certainly a lot of hype if nothing else about this one that could make it perfect for a hipster's EDC - at least for the period of a few months or so.

Don't mind me or my post too seriously, it' 0430 and my rt. hip has me feeling like a hipster of a different sort right now, as if I am setting a trend for somewhat lousy sleep lately.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    A hipster by it's primary definition, as I am led to understand by my rather limited knowledge of our vocabulary, is one who is mainly interested in new trends, fads, fashions, and such.

I think the definition from Urban Dictionary sums what a hipster is up best:

"Hipsters are people that try too hard to be different (and genuinely do think that they're being different), by rejecting anything they deem to be too popular.

Hipsters pride themselves on liking things that no one else likes, and normally only really like them because they think no one else likes them and that theyre [sic] being unique. "

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

"Hipsters are people that try too hard to be different (and genuinely do think that they're being different), by rejecting anything they deem to be too popular.

Hipsters pride themselves on liking things that no one else likes, and normally only really like them because they think no one else likes them and that theyre [sic] being unique. "

How ironic.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

I take the more conservative approach when using a dictionary to discover the meanings of words and use ones like the Cambridge , the Oxford , Merriam-Webster, Websters. I try to avoid trendy dictionaries that essentially are Internet propaganda marvels that are in essence written by way of crowd sourcing; ones that are found to often change the meanings of words to suit their extremist progressive or even extremist conservative agendas as their agendas change based on their politics of the day. Perfect examples of so called dictionaries that twist or create new and often quite biased meanings for words are, in my experience: The Urban Dictionary and Dictionary.com. I used to use Dictionary.com quite a bit until I recently saw some words the meanings of which were so twisted as to have become a basis for an ultra liberals fantasy vocabulary - for instance their primary & secondary definitions of Progressive used as an adjective.

To me, that looks like a political campaign ad for the Democrat platform, in fact the secondary meaning excludes anything conservative from possibly being progressive as in making progress. Now check the definition of Progressive used as an adjective, at Merriam-Webster: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/progressive. There is quite the difference with a much less biased definition that makes absolutely no mention of liberal ideas or of progressive meaning that something is more enlightened - this quite possibly giving people who use that dictionary the impression that liberals are more enlightened or better than others (that's the way of the left isn't it). In fact, MerriamWebster does not mention anything political about the word until it defines it when used as a noun. Dictionary. com makes it political in both senses of the word adjective and noun - they are preposterous and by btheir definition quite progressive but by mine are very biased.

I also do not frequently use online slang dictionaries (unless seeking as many definitions of a slang word as possible). I much prefer those in print but readily admit I use online versions ore often but if I think there is a need will check my printed version. Online versions can be changed by hitting a few to several keys on a keyboard in the right program. Printed versions often are years in the works before updated versions come out and their definitions are more true to the original meanings of words in my opinion. Then again, most if not all dictionaries, are rather too progressive for me nowadays (even the ones that seem more conservative) especially the ones that started up online because they seem to have the attitude among their publishers and users that if it's on da inTraweBz and they put it there then it must be correct. It's like depending only on Wikipedia as your source of world knowledge.

Thus, I'll stick with the more conservative definition.

Sorry to have been so long worded but dictionaries (or politicians or the media or anyone) changing vocabulary definitions to suit a political agenda is one of my pet peeves. I think it akin to saying someone is of a gender that does not exist - or in others words - it's balderdash to suit their fancies.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    For hipsters, it is hand-crafted - artisanal beer, etc - and/or classic - Bergman (as someone else suggested) or Colt New Model Pocket pistol.

Attachments

• Hipster Cop shoot.jpg
      Hipster Cop shoot.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 112
    • Hipster Cop Truncheon.jpg
      Hipster Cop Truncheon.jpg
      68.8 KB · Views: 174
    Top Bottom