• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    At one time I toyed with the idea of carrying my Walther P38. But I realized I had no good reason for doing so. The P38 would be a good hipster choice for EDC. What practical reason is there for walking around like a 1960s German police officer with Megatron stuffed down the front of your pants?

Last year, John Lovell over at the Warrior Poet referred to the CZ P10c as a "hipster gun." I thought this was a weird statement because I think the CZ seems to be a pretty practical choice. Maybe John can't understand that some folks (myself included) aren't being contrary, they legitimately do not enjoy shooting Glocks. When I think hipster, I think something that's different just for the sake of being different.

Now THIS is a hipster EDC gun:

1602773273986.png

What gets your vote for the ultimate hipster EDC?
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Disagree.
    Hipsters have the attention span of a gnat.
    Your selection requires some thought and effort to be properly employed as a weapon.
    I'd go with something a tad more modern yet as obscure as possible.
    Maybe a Bergman or other early semi auto.
    bergman.jpg

Because its ironic and you wouldn't know what it is.
    Plus its got the steampunk vibe.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I think gun-hipsters are more likely to have a Roland Special clone Gucci Glock (or Gucci Glock clone like a tricked out P10C, M&P, Polymer80, or P320)

Or they'd have some tricked out 1911 or something a bit old-school like a Bren 10, Tanfolio Witness 10mm, or maybe a Smith & Wesson classic auto.

I admit I almost feel like a gun-hipster sometimes because of all the old guns in the safe, and the fact that I like 1911's (and Glock clones) - I don't have any Roland Special knock offs yet tho. I would carry a Smith 5906 if I could find one though. :roflsmile:

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I think gun-hipsters are more likely to have a.................

Or they'd have some tricked out 1911 or something a bit old-school like a Bren 10, Tanfolio Witness 10mm, or maybe a Smith & Wesson classic auto.

Have all of the above, in multiples even.

but hipster? No
    gun snob? Maybe
    Gun addict? MOST DEFINITELY!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    At one time I toyed with the idea of carrying my Walther P38. But I realized I had no good reason for doing so. The P38 would be a good hipster choice for EDC. What practical reason is there for walking around like a 1960s German police officer with Megatron stuffed down the front of your pants?

Last year, John Lovell over at the Warrior Poet referred to the CZ P10c as a "hipster gun." I thought this was a weird statement because I think the CZ seems to be a pretty practical choice. Maybe John can't understand that some folks (myself included) aren't being contrary, they legitimately do not enjoy shooting Glocks. When I think hipster, I think something that's different just for the sake of being different.

Now THIS is a hipster EDC gun:

View attachment 230453

What gets your vote for the ultimate hipster EDC?
    The holster must be pretty.

Top Bottom