• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Here is a shamelessly stolen thread on weapons used in the war. Credit goes to SuckmyGlock from Arizonashooting.org

Without further adieu, again thanks to suck my Glock for the content.

We've all been watching the news out of Ukraine and observing the hardware. Ukraine is unique in that they were in the early stages of transitioning to ditching the AK platform for M16 and Tavor variants. The Israelis signed a deal with FORT, one of Ukraine's arms makers, to make licensed copies of not only Tavors, but Negevs (5.56 belt-fed SAW) and Galil Aces. Ukraine also makes their own AR15/M16 called the WAC47, which has been issued in both 7.62x39 and 5.56 variants.

So far, I have yet seen all of these "in the wild" in the pictures from the war. Yet, the pictures coming do show a wide variety of rifles and machineguns.

Here we have group being trained by American volunteers and armed with brand spanking new FNCs donated by FN last week.

More new out of the crate rifles, this time, from America.

Here is one of the indigenously produced WAC47 rifles in 7.62x39

This appears to be a privately owned AR, perhaps a Zbroyar Z15?

Ukrainian special forces started buying and using SIG Virtus rifles back in 2020.

The only Tavor I have spotted in photos since the war began is this one.

Of course, not everyone has gotten the new stuff. There are still hundreds of thousands of AK74s and AK47s seen in the field right now. Many Ukrainian arms depots were bombed, which may account for not seeing a lot of the newer stuff. But an indicator of how desperate times are, I have seen evidence of the last ditch war stocks being issued. Such as,....

Old DP28s. Still effective, if the pans are in good shape. But no longer a front line weapon.

Here's an OP with an old DP and a sporterized Mosin

Why do they always give the heavy bich to the little guy?

One of these guys is stuck with an old PPS43
    but at least he seems to have a Walther in his waistband.

And still a few Devil's Paintbrushes operating out there.

Some guys get all the neat stuff. This dude has the red dot optic, the drum and a suppressor.

And here's one you don't see often;...a bipod mounted ground deployed Dshk 12.7x108 belt-fed. This model uses a monster muzzle brake so that you can get your shoulder behind it and use it like a GPMG and not break your collar bone.

A captured Russian AK12. It seems these have become the status symbol in Ukraine, because you only get one by going out and taking it.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Ukranians get all the fun toys while our government wants to take ours. Bastards. (I mean the bastards in DC, not the Ukranians and volunteers trying to fend of commies)

I want a brand spanking new FNC, but nooooo. FN doesn't even sell them in the states anymore.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Where is NATO? Staying out of that shit to stave off WW3 for as long as possible. From yesterday's attack on the US Consul in Iraq, it seems that Iran is entering the conflict on the side of Russia - I saw something saying they'd claimed it was in retaliation against Israel and Mossad for the death of one of their generals in Syria - I call bullshit. I figured after the Syrians sent troops to Ukraine to assist Russian forces, we'd see Iran do similar - I did *not* expect Iran to start lobbing ballistic missiles at our bases in Iraq.

I still expect China to move on Taiwan, and for North Korea to start shelling Seoul by the end of the month. There seems to be a determined effort to drag us kicking and screaming into WW3 - or else we are going to roll over and play dead. It's one thing to tell Ukraine to fight their own fight - but the Iranians are bloodying our nose and there SHOULD be a response - albeit it planned, well thought out response - we should've sent a cruise missile up Raisi's ass in response with a warning that any further action on their part would result in the complete levelling of Tehran - with real follow thru when they ignore Sniffle's warning. Take a city off the fucking map and our enemies will take notice. Let the commies fight the recovering commies - and leave us the **** out of it.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    No idea if this is true but I have seen insta and telegram posts about a base that had foreign fighters that got hit by an airstrike. Conventional warfare is hell and is a whole different ball game than OIF/OEF
    View attachment 308506View attachment 308505View attachment 308508View attachment 308507
    View attachment 308509
    Still haven’t seen Russia let their Arty loose. That’s going to be bloody, I’m not sure if they don’t have the fuel, ammo, or stomach for it. I’m thankful, their normal play is surround the city and reduce it to a smoking pile.

Thinking the rest of the world is going to conduct war like we do (hands tied behind our backs for political points) is foolish.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Still haven’t seen Russia let their Arty loose. That’s going to be bloody, I’m not sure if they don’t have the fuel, ammo, or stomach for it. I’m thankful, their normal play is surround the city and reduce it to a smoking pile.

Thinking the rest of the world is going to conduct war like we do (hands tied behind our backs for political points) is foolish.
    Ive seen alot of videos of MLRS use. Those things are insane

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No idea if this is true but I have seen insta and telegram posts about a base that had foreign fighters that got hit by an airstrike. Conventional warfare is hell and is a whole different ball game than OIF/OEF

Yeah, As we saw earlier in this thread, many think this is some version of Red Dawn. They will go fight, win and be heros. No you just die. You are not being led into battle by Patton, you are being led in by a guy who last month was gas station attendant. Videos show some horrible tactics, maybe they work on COD, but not in real life. This is real life insanity.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yeah, As we saw earlier in this thread, many think this is some version of Red Dawn. They will go fight, win and be heros. No you just die. You are not being led into battle by Patton, you are being led in by a guy who last month was gas station attendant. Videos show some horrible tactics, maybe they work on COD, but not in real life. This is real life insanity.
    Exactly this

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Real? Or Russian propaganda?

Does anyone really know what to believe anymore?
    The airstriked base is real. It is near lviv (idk if that is spelled correctly)

Long range precision missile obliterated the barracks and other buildings. Killed a bunch of foreign mercenaries/volunteers whatever they are considered.

The video I saw it looks like something big hit the barracks. The base is called Yavorovsky or Yavoriv training grounds. The places have different anglicized translations so its hard to get the exact name.

Idk what these people are thinking going to volunteer to fight against a modern conventional military. Especially when the country you are fighting on behalf of has a near completely destroyed military infrastructure. I feel for them because they are wanting to fight for their ideals but the reality of war is harsh and merciless

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Ive got a video of what sounds like Americans speaking during the bombing of that base where the foreigners were stationed. Pretty crazy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cz315
    Top Bottom