Patriot Mobile

TV\Media Conditioning for a Police State.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Rescue 8 ???? I'll stick with Emergency! What makes me somewhat incredulous, are the responses when you call BS. on these shows.
    Careful! You'll really date yourself if you admit to watching "Rescue 8" on TV.
    Texas SOT

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    No matter what- if the cops want to pull you over or want to search your car they can and they will. After my birthday last year one of my friends driving back to college station was pulled over for not maintaining his speed. The officer said he had a feeling about him and asked if he could search his car. My friend said no sure it was recently detailed though. The officer searched and found nothing then 2 more cars pulled up and a dog came out and sat by his car so then 2 other officers searched the car. My friend said that everything was starting to be ridiculous and he needed to keep going. He had been pulled over for about 45 min at the time. One officer came out with an empty ziplock bag. The original officer said that he knew that they would come up with something and wrote my friend a paraphernalia ticket. The bag didn't have any paraphernalia or trace amounts of drugs - much like almost any other ziplock bag - and my buddy lawyer end up and the ticket was dropped.

The end result- time was wasted, power was abused, lawyers got paid, tax dollars were wasted, and I make sure there are no empty bags in my vehicles. When did empty bags become contraband? Has a trained police dog ever been used when the officers want to search a car and the car hasn't been searched?

We are powerless to the officers when we are pulled over. Just follow the law. They don't have to and prepare to spend some money and time.

Talk about a thread hijack.

The answer to "may I search..." /anything/ is NO. Period. If the traffic stop is concluded, leave. If you're detained, assert your fourth, fifth and sixth amendment rights and shut up. If asked to get out of the car, LOCK IT as you do. This further reinforces your non-consent. Don't resist, don't speak, don't consent. It's that simple.

Your friend consented to the search. That's why he got searched.

Back to our regularly scheduled TV thread?

As a paramedic... I can't watch most fire/EMS shows on TV. The BS is too deep.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My pet peeve is something that we see on TV in brief glimpses. In real life, it's no story...it's reality. The cops will interview (spelled interrogate) a suspect for 8-12 hours with no food, water, breaks or letup. They tag team the poor bastard until he doesn't know up from down, right from wrong. They do this stuff constantly and our rights as citizens are being crapped on routinely!

If you are in trouble, identify yourself then shut the Hell UP! You have a right to remain silent ...........use it!
    You have a right to confer with an attorney..........demand it!
    You do NOT need to submit to a polygraph......................refuse it!
    If there is a camera or a recorder in operation..........................dummy up!

It doesn't matter if you have done wrong or if you're guilty or not. In fact, they will suggest that remaining silent makes you look guilty. They want you to just "clear yourself". As a US citizen, you do NOT need to prove that you are innocent. They must prove your guilt.

Those are your rights...................use them!

Flash

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you are in trouble, identify yourself then shut the Hell UP! You have a right to remain silent ...........use it!
    You have a right to confer with an attorney..........demand it!
    You do NOT need to submit to a polygraph......................refuse it!
    If there is a camera or a recorder in operation..........................dummy up!
    Yup!

If you ever watch any of those true crime shows, you can see how people usually end up talking themselves into "getting caught." The investigator they are interviewing always has a little twinkle in his eye when recounting how he manipulated them into talking themselves into the crime. :laughing:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yup!

If you ever watch any of those true crime shows, you can see how people usually end up talking themselves into "getting caught." The investigator they are interviewing always has a little twinkle in his eye when recounting how he manipulated them into talking themselves into the crime. :laughing:

That always blows my mind. Its straight up applied psychology though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I dont know how damn many idiots come in to wally world and tell " thats the law, it was on a cop show".
    I do not remember the details (it was quite some time ago) but I remember seeing a TV report from another country (India or Pakistan, I think) where the police were having trouble with people demanding their rights to not incriminate themselves or have a lawyer. Apparently, too many of the people they were arresting were watching too much American TV and did not seem to understand that things like taking the 5th simply did not exist in their country.

Yes, TV conditions viewers.

Top Bottom