Venture Surplus ad

TV\Media Conditioning for a Police State.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I'm getting tired of shows that show "Anything Goes" and "End Justifies the Means" giving officials carte blanche to resolve the issue.

It's been happening for years but seems to be in every episode of current run of police shows.

The only one that tries to be apologetic is Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck but they still try and push what's acceptable.

I see the risk as two fold.

• The people as a whole getting conditioned that police are allowed to ignore rights under certain conditions.
    • LEOs who watch the shows being conditioned that what the public wants is results over procedure.

Some of the shows I watch\like are the worst offenders. I just have found disdain for the trampling of rights though. I dropped 24 first season for example and I'm disliking Chicago PD now.

Justified is still one of my all time favorites though.
    Capitol Armory ad

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just read in Pennsylvania police can decide to search cars without a warrant now. Previously they had to call/radio a judge. Now they can just decide on their own. This goes beyond probable cause as well.

I firmly believe people are being conditioned.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    TV in general is conditioning us to accept many things that we would normally resist.

I do not approve.

Absolutely!!!! Some people I say that to just roll their eyes at that too. They just don't see the influence all aspects of media/entertainment has on every aspect of their lives.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I dont know how damn many idiots come in to wally world and tell " thats the law, it was on a cop show". Yeah, right.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I don't watch much tv. I guess it's gonna affect me somehow anyway.
    Damn!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm regularly shocked when people share with me things they've seen on TV. I really don't like what I'm seeing and hearing, and find myself only watching the History channel and such. Getting old, I suppose.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Too many young people think TV mirrors life. If thats the way it is on TV, then thats how it is or should be in real life. And that reality shows are actually real. No understanding of life, let alone rights. The only things they know is what they learn from a boob tube. Even my blond kid, and he can be very blond at times, knew at three it was all fake. For all the computer literacy kids learn in school, too few learn the most important things. How to learn and think for themselves.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Too many young people think TV mirrors life. If thats the way it is on TV, then thats how it is or should be in real life. And that reality shows are actually real. No understanding of life, let alone rights. The only things they know is what they learn from a boob tube. Even my blond kid, and he can be very blond at times, knew at three it was all fake. For all the computer literacy kids learn in school, too few learn the most important things. How to learn and think for themselves.

This.

People my age need to be beaten with a rubber hose

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Naw, I da thank so youngun. I gotta work around guns and bullets and fishin gearb5 days avweek and not use them, I get to have some kinda fun. Dammit man

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I don't watch much tv. I guess it's gonna affect me somehow anyway.
    Damn!
    Ditto. Most of the offerings on the boob tube these days is crap and/or outright evil. Are there any that don't eventually involve LGBT characters? Whatever happened to Bonanza, Father Knows Best, I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, Car 54 Where Are You?, Rescue 8, Dragnet..............................

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Rescue 8 ???? I'll stick with Emergency! What makes me somewhat incredulous, are the responses when you call BS. on these shows.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    No matter what- if the cops want to pull you over or want to search your car they can and they will. After my birthday last year one of my friends driving back to college station was pulled over for not maintaining his speed. The officer said he had a feeling about him and asked if he could search his car. My friend said no sure it was recently detailed though. The officer searched and found nothing then 2 more cars pulled up and a dog came out and sat by his car so then 2 other officers searched the car. My friend said that everything was starting to be ridiculous and he needed to keep going. He had been pulled over for about 45 min at the time. One officer came out with an empty ziplock bag. The original officer said that he knew that they would come up with something and wrote my friend a paraphernalia ticket. The bag didn't have any paraphernalia or trace amounts of drugs - much like almost any other ziplock bag - and my buddy lawyer end up and the ticket was dropped.

The end result- time was wasted, power was abused, lawyers got paid, tax dollars were wasted, and I make sure there are no empty bags in my vehicles. When did empty bags become contraband? Has a trained police dog ever been used when the officers want to search a car and the car hasn't been searched?

We are powerless to the officers when we are pulled over. Just follow the law. They don't have to and prepare to spend some money and time.

Top Bottom