• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    I find it truly astonishing that Americans in other States are going along with masks and lockdowns. The only reminder of the whole thing in rural North Texas is disregarded "wear a mask" signs on some business doors. Almost no one wears masks up here - half the people up here NEVER did. No one worries about "distancing." I was concerned about this new disease last year. We quit worrying about it at all last Fall. My wife is a nurse in a large hospital and had been exposed to symptomatic co-workers and patients all summer. None of us got so much as a sniffle. I'm not worried about this disease, I'm worried about the government and the folks in lab coats profiting off all of this. You know who is showing up in the local clinics with mysterious injuries and illnesses? The vaccinated.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All true except it is still legal to carry in Travis county. You are not breaking the law by carrying there.
    Former neighbor got charged with reckless driving ( class B misdemeanor )for a less than 5mph rear end collision at a stop sign. His fault. LTC suspended and charged with a Class A misdemeanor for carrying a gun while engaged in criminal activity.
    He beat all charges, but spent $10k + in attorney fees to do it.
    If you get “that guy” they will find a way to screw with you.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I have done my share of traveling country and world wide. Not going any where that is not within the Texas border.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Avoid Maryland.

Apparently, their troopers all have license plate readers. Those readers constantly report to the mothership to run plates. When they run a Texas plate and find it's a vehicle registered to an LTC holder, they consider that probable cause to make a stop and search the car for illegal guns. Bottom line - most of us would be in for a tense time if we drove into Maryland.

I won't provide cites but it's been reported enough times that I believe it.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Avoid Maryland.

Apparently, their troopers all have license plate readers. Those readers constantly report to the mothership to run plates. When they run a Texas plate and find it's a vehicle registered to an LTC holder, they consider that probable cause to make a stop and search the car for illegal guns. Bottom line - most of us would be in for a tense time if we drove into Maryland.

I think this type of adversarial treatment of citizens from "red" states that travel through "blue" states is going to get worse as time goes on.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What if, what it, what if .............................That sounds like some of my former students I had in a middle school. :rolleyes:

You do realize that the "what if" scenario happened to the OP, right?

I already corrected myself, but the OP traveled through to visit a child, that is why I asked my question.

LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    Avoid Maryland.

That is some dark stuff right there. A policy diverting LEOs from looking out for actual crime in order to persecute law abiding citizens of a free State.

Reactions: gll

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Avoid Maryland.

They do it to all of their neighboring states that have carry permits.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Avoid Maryland.

I actually drove through a part of Maryland and did not get stopped. The peninsula on the eastern side of Chesapeake Bay was quite a long drive through and is part of three states. Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. It's also flat very fertile farmland. I saw hundreds of thousands of acres of corn, soybeans, peas, wheat, and some other vegetables I could not identify. They also have some pretty nice beaches in Delaware.

Top Bottom