• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Yes, the school and her shooting team will store the guns in the campus police storage vaults and only registered owners can check in and check out guns from their storage. It is very controlled with an agreement between the shooting team and campus police. I just wrote an affidavit transferring ownership to her plus did more like having her fill out a CBP Form 4457 in case her team travels internationally and also having her obtain her own gun insurance for the shotgun.
    Registered owners??? Registered with whom and where in what liberal state do you reside if guns need to be registered?

An affidavit, why on earth write out an affidavit to gift her gun. It is hers once you gifted it to her. There is no legal requirement federally for an affidavit and if there is one in your state of residence, I feel sorry for you. Gun restrictions like that are one of the reasons I left NY.

Why would you file a CBP form 4457 in advance. Why are you telling the government more about your or her guns than needs to be done.

As for me transferring guns to my children: No never gave either of my children a $6K gun. All I could afford to give my kids were their undergrad college tuition, room & board at college for my daughter and a new car for my son (sorry only a Hyundai Elantra Touring model not a Mercedes Benz) because he stayed local for college. I have given several excellent quality guns to my son, no transfer of any kind required. Once I gifted them to him, they became his for all legal and practical purposes and if he wants to insure any of them that is up to him; however, if he told me he was going to register them with the government - I'd take them back and whoop his arse (figuratively of course). As for how expensive were the guns I gave him, that does not need to be mentioned, that's because my ego is not that big that I need to ask anyone if their gifts to their children were worth as much as mine was to my child.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I will bet these rules are written by lawyers for the school.
    Probably, but it's also exactly what the "reasonable restrictions" people have in mind. There's some countries that you can "own" plenty of guns, but they must be kept at a sporting club (that you also have to pay to be a member of) and you're never allowed to really have them in your possession.

Just can't help but wonder if those rules by the school are there to influence the young shooters.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Probably, but it's also exactly what the "reasonable restrictions" people have in mind. There's some countries that you can "own" plenty of guns, but they must be kept at a sporting club (that you also have to pay to be a member of) and you're never allowed to really have them in your possession.

Just can't help but wonder if those rules by the school are there to influence the young shooters.

This is just me from my personal observation after speaking with the school staff and campus police management. The school my daughter is attending in terms of view towards 2A seems they are very lenient towards it and kind of encourages the young shooters to become more involved. I feel the rules they adopted did cater to the "reasonable restriction crowd. I have hunted many years in areas nearby Kerrville and I do enjoy attending the festivals they offered even before my oldest was born and I am very aware the town is very gun/sportsman minded community. Many of the kids and families during orientation were part of either the rifle or shotgun group and I doubt the University would impose rules that discourages getting involved in the shooting sports.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Today is the official day I actually transferred my $6000.00 dollar shotgun to my now 18-year-old daughter who is starting her new journey. She is attending Schreiner University in Kerrville and joining their shotgun team. This Beretta 694 O/U 12 Gauge with TSK stock was bought in the fall of 2021 season by me but as of today it now belongs to her as a first-time owned gun. I drafted paperwork for her and changed insurance information declaring her the new owner. My daughter will be the first in our family to own a substantial very expensive gun. Lol. Has anyone here ever gifted a gun to their kids at a very high-value cost like an O/U I have transferred to my daughter?
    If you are looking for a private instructor , this is his card. He works with shooters at the shotgun range in Kerrville.
    His name is Remington McBee.
    Good luck.
    IMG_7573.jpeg
    IMG_7572.jpeg

psledoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    Yes, the school and her shooting team will store the guns in the campus police storage vaults and only registered owners can check in and check out guns from their storage. It is very controlled with an agreement between the shooting team and campus police. I just wrote an affidavit transferring ownership to her plus did more like having her fill out a CBP Form 4457 in case her team travels internationally and also having her obtain her own gun insurance for the shotgun.
    That doesn't make any sense. If the gun belongs to her, then she can store it in the police storage locker. All she would have to do is fill out a piece of paper with her name and the gun description (including serial number).

I'm in Texas. My guns belong to me. My name is not associated with my guns. That's how it's always been.

The insurance in her name is understandable.

psledoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    You are right there is no registration in Texas but I just filed an affidavit declaring her the new owner and created other legal paperwork with her name attached to the shotgun like her filling out the CBP Form 4457 and calling the Sportsman Insurance company to have her own insurance for the gun rather than me so there is no question with the school who owns the gun.
    Thanks. That answers my question. You did it for the school. Noted.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Thanks. That answers my question. You did it for the school. Noted.
    I was just about to respond to you. I know this would be a hassle but since Presbyterians control this school, I am the last parent that would challenge them in another sense this school is very liberal for the gun community since they allow various students ranging from shooting teams to seasonal hunters to LTC holders to store firearms in the campus police storage. I have not heard of any other schools in this State that do this for their students. I know of several other Universities outside the State that own storage facilities outside of campus but want no guns inside campus period. Not bad for Presbyterians

alexng30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    I’m jealous…

Got into clay sports at the tail end of last year with a 686 SP1 sporting and I’m already starting to take a look at 694’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I’m jealous…

Got into clay sports at the tail end of last year with a 686 SP1 sporting and I’m already starting to take a look at 694’s

My daughter started off with a Stoeger Condor 20-gauge youth model and then a Franchi Instinct Mod I 20 gauge and finally a Beretta 694. She shot and patterned better and scored a lot better with the 694 outfitted with Briley Helix chokes and TSK stock. I asked her if she needed another shotgun for her now college team to compete in ACUI divisions but she still has confidence in her 694. One of her prior team members for an SCTP team had the same gun you have and she did great during her early years before switching to a Blaser F16 shotgun as she got older and more experienced. the 686 series seem to become a favorite for early shooters especially female shooters. It seems all the coaches that worked with our teams hate the Browning Citoris. Lol

alexng30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    My daughter started off with a Stoeger Condor 20-gauge youth model and then a Franchi Instinct Mod I 20 gauge and finally a Beretta 694. She shot and patterned better and scored a lot better with the 694 outfitted with Briley Helix chokes and TSK stock. I asked her if she needed another shotgun for her now college team to compete in ACUI divisions but she still has confidence in her 694. One of her prior team members for an SCTP team had the same gun you have and she did great during her early years before switching to a Blaser F16 shotgun as she got older and more experienced. the 686 series seem to become a favorite for early shooters especially female shooters. It seems all the coaches that worked with our teams hate the Browning Citoris. Lol

I really wanted to get a 725 sporting since it’s a bit of a step up from a regular citori or silver pigeon, but the brownings just never fit right for me. I’m a shorter, stockier guy, and the Browning stocks just felt like a boat anchor in my shoulder. If I ever find myself up in Dallas, I’m gonna have to pop in to the Beretta gallery and get fitted for a 694.

A nice 486 parallelo is another temptation I have to resist for the time being as well lol.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Most c
    I really wanted to get a 725 sporting since it’s a bit of a step up from a regular citori or silver pigeon, but the brownings just never fit right for me. I’m a shorter, stockier guy, and the Browning stocks just felt like a boat anchor in my shoulder. If I ever find myself up in Dallas, I’m gonna have to pop in to the Beretta gallery and get fitted for a 694.

A nice 486 parallelo is another temptation I have to resist for the time being as well lol.

Most of the coaches I have worked with did not like the 725 series because of ejector failures seen in competitions. They are nice shooters and make a good field guns but the demanding competitions does break the deal for them. My daughter thought it was too bulky for her as we did look at some of the ported models. It sounds like you would do better with a Ceaser Guerini shotgun brands or Perazzi brands as I was considering this one for my daughter when more sponsorship funds come in.

alexng30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Most c

Most of the coaches I have worked with did not like the 725 series because of ejector failures seen in competitions. They are nice shooters and make a good field guns but the demanding competitions does break the deal for them. My daughter thought it was too bulky for her as we did look at some of the ported models. It sounds like you would do better with a Ceaser Guerini shotgun brands or Perazzi brands as I was considering this one for my daughter when more sponsorship funds come in.

Will definitely look into them. Thankfully Briley’s is local to me so I don’t have to go far to check them out.

Top Bottom