• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    This thing is getting more press than Corona virus.
    Nuttier too. Gas prices have gone up 20+ cents in the last 2 days but will start dropping by Wednesday. Some folks stocking up on food like it's y2K or Covid lockdown. I'll have to sit outside and listen for emergency vehicle sirens. I'm sure plenty will stop in the road to watch since TXDOT has already put out a warning not to do that.
    ARJ Defense ad

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Guess Monday may not be a great day for eclipse watching in Medina County. Weather says 50% chance of rain and Mostly Cloudy. National Weather Service forecast for Monday: A slight chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 1pm. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 82. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. There are things planned for almost all the towns in Medina County and this weather may be a damper on those festivities.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm sure plenty will stop in the road to watch since TXDOT has already put out a warning not to do that.

There's a surprising number of people who are either completely ignorant that anything's going to happen, or who are unaware of the difference between a partial eclipse like we had in October and will be taken by surprise when it suddenly gets dark. I'll be surprised if the moment of totality doesn't lead to multiple car wrecks.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Resized_Screensho(2).jpeg

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Speaking of Democrats and common sense, or complete lack of. I recall an eclipse in the past and reading about dumb asses that ended up in the emergency room. Not from looking at the sun, but from spraying sunscreen in thier eyes.
    No doubt dumb dems.
    Here you go.
    This is from 2017
    Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10.33.12 AM.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Weather forecast is 100%chance of thunderstorms in the area tomorrow so I’ll be in the house napping after I get home from the doctor visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AccuWeather says "partly sunny" with thunderstorms coming in around 6:30-7pm. I'm hopeful...and not all that far from where you are.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Unfortunately, it looks like that is how it will be here. At least I didnt make $400 or more a night reservation to stay in an area in the center of the path of totality.
    If the skys look like they might be clear, I will just drive 20 minutes to the north west and pull over on a side road or find a parking lot.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have friends that live south of Burnet. They have people just crossing their fence, parking in their gate turnaround around, wandering around their property and screwing with the livestock. It's turned into a Burning Man kind of freak show and it's likely somebody is going to get shot.
    I am not at all surprised. The general publicl can turn almost any event into a certified shit show.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Nuttier too. Gas prices have gone up 20+ cents in the last 2 days but will start dropping by Wednesday. Some folks stocking up on food like it's y2K or Covid lockdown. I'll have to sit outside and listen for emergency vehicle sirens. I'm sure plenty will stop in the road to watch since TXDOT has already put out a warning not to do that.
    I did not even think about until you mentioned it, but I was at the local HEB yesterday and the shelves did look rather bare.
    Unknown-1.jpeg

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom