• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    News just said Marble Falls will be the best place to be, they are expecting a crowd. Motel rooms going for $1,000.00 per night, Not me.
    WTF is wrong with people? Are these the same people who are crying about I have to live the rest of my life in my parent garden shed because of my student loans, or are they the ones who need a $12.00 cup of Starbucks?

I worked with a guy whose 30 year old step son live with them. He was having a rough time paying his bills, but could afford a $1,000.00 Batman halloween costume. He worked for his mother whole cleaned Doctors offices at night. Could pay no room & board & was to tired to mow the grass.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Magnolia is in the path.

Ya my Grandson is 29 and lives with Mom and Dad, he pays half the bills whether mom likes it or not, he just uses vinmo and puts money in her account.
    He is a journeyman electrician, Making $35.00 per hour, he took a test to work elevators, out of 50 he was #1. So he is waiting for an opening to go start at $35.00 per hour, then eventually make near $50.00 per hour.
    No, he's not a slacker or bum, he is one to be proud of.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    WTF is wrong with people? Are these the same people who are crying about I have to live the rest of my life in my parent garden shed because of my student loans, or are they the ones who need a $12.00 cup of Starbucks?

I worked with a guy whose 30 year old step son live with them. He was having a rough time paying his bills, but could afford a $1,000.00 Batman halloween costume. He worked for his mother whole cleaned Doctors offices at night. Could pay no room & board & was to tired to mow the grass.
    My main concern out of all of this ridiculousness isn't necessarily the $12 yuppy coffee or dudes with $100K of debt spent on a gender studies degree living in a tool shed, but that there's a grown ass man anywhere in our country that dresses up like Batman and spends $1,000 to do so when he's broke and doing all of the above.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    My main concern out of all of this ridiculousness isn't necessarily the $12 yuppy coffee or dudes with $100K of debt spent on a gender studies degree living in a tool shed, but that there's a grown ass man anywhere in our country that dresses up like Batman and spends $1,000 to do so when he's broke and doing all of the above.
    Ya my Daughter likes that $12 cup of coffee that ain't real coffee, Starbucks.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Eclipse_Texas.jpeg

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    This has been in the news round these parts for the last year. The Big Town in right in the path with like 4 minutes of totality. Need the glasses before and after total blackout. We have friends staying with us and will set up chairs in the backyard. Will be around 1:30

The Big Town is expecting 10,000 pagans to watch this.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Won't need the welding lenses for those few moments when the sun is completely blocked - and in most of Texas on April 8th, it'll be a total eclipse.
    I wouldnt say most of it, but a pretty wide band.
    I will be traveling about 60 miles to be in the path of totality.
    I was trying to arrange for some of the photographers that work for me to meet at a hotel that I use when I take weekend motorcycle trips. My travel agent (wife) tried to make reservations but there were none to be had, then a week or two ago, one of them sent us an email offereing "Eclipse week" reservations at $438 a night!
    That shit should be illegal.

So the wife and I will just get up that morning and drive out that way, find a spot and enjoy the show, assuming that we have clear skies.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    This will be my 3rd eclipse since I relocated to this country. My wife and I drove north in 2017 to see the total one that year and last October we watched the partial one from our back yard. In the more than half a century that I lived in UK I only ever saw one partial. I have had the track of this upcomming one marked out on my copy of goggle earth since 2017. The closer towards the border you go the longer it will last. and of course it will go right over Eagle Pass. For verious reasons my wife and I have decided that is not such a nice spot. Instead I have chosen Garner State Park, which is on the central track and will have a decent duration.

Top Bottom