ARJ Defense ad

To AK or not to AK. I have to AsK and hope there is no ARguing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Get the AK if you like, but give up the stupid "tactical fad," throw those AR toys away, and get yourself a real rifle like an M1A or a lever-action.

I have had my ARs for years, and they are not part of the fad. I carried a M16A2 to war, and I am quite happy to carry my AR today. They do not have all of the tati-cool furniture on them.

I may go for an M1A at some point.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don’t need one. I have a Troy Defense AR-15. I have an AR-10 in .308 with a second upper in 6.5 CM. I have bolt action rifles in .308 and .30-06.

If I buy one, that is another caliber of ammo I need to stock.

I still want one.

Please talk me out of it.
    I’m an ak snob. This isn’t the market to get one. If you feel you have to, get a Serbian. They have gotten better and will be the best value for under 1k.

If you can get a wasr10 in the 700-800 range, look it over and if the rivets are good and the gas block and barrel housing are gtg I’d gamble with accuracy and buy a wasr over a Zastava rifle. I have my reasons.

If you can afford and are ok with inflation then just buy a circle 10. You will read mixed opinions online about Arsenal from Bulgaria but it’s worth it. Notice my username. If I could have one ak that’s the one.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm poor so no more calibers for me. I've had AKs they are fun and steel cased ammo is cheap but they are just blasters and minute of human accurate, there are exceptions.

Get one and get it out of your system if you can afford it but you wont be happy after shooting serviceable ARs

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Get ammo first I think its gonna dry up quick. Just a hunch with the Ukrainian president begging for ammo.

The Army issues 74s but they gave a huge stock of 47s they may be handing out to the people.

So both calibers may get sketchy.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    I'm poor so no more calibers for me. I've had AKs they are fun and steel cased ammo is cheap but they are just blasters and minute of human accurate, there are exceptions.

Get one and get it out of your system if you can afford it but you wont be happy after shooting serviceable ARs

I’ve shot AKs. I’ve even shot them full-auto. Just had fun with it.

cae73c12146df29e86103e6174e31bdb.jpg

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    If you don’t want an extra caliber, there are some good options. This 5.56mm just dropped, but their previous offerings have a good reputation:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

The steel cased ammo probably won't be cheap if you don't currently have it.

Top Bottom