Texas SOT

Time for Texas Multi Gun 3 monthly match again!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I may be. Looks like I'll be in Austin for a couple months, so I'll hopefully be at more BOTW matches. We usually shoot the 4th caturday 2 gun matches (my buddy can't seem to buy a damn shotgun), but I'm going to try and hit both matches for both months.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just be warned that Sheldon likes to challenge you with hard pistol shots. I've really expanded my comfort zone shooting their matches. You need to know your pistol at 25 yards, rifle out to 500 (bring a magazine of long range ammo for that stage) and shotgun slugs at 50. The pace is fast with 90 second par time on stages.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Last wknd was the first time I had to shoot slug past 50 yrds Impact Zone 3G. It added to how bad I suck with a shotgun. Having to ditch my Saiga and use a Mossberg SUCKS. Since I have zero experience witha tube feed shotgun

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Last wknd was the first time I had to shoot slug past 50 yrds Impact Zone 3G. It added to how bad I suck with a shotgun. Having to ditch my Saiga and use a Mossberg SUCKS. Since I have zero experience witha tube feed shotgun

Just run the Saiga. So what if it puts you in open class?

I'm not even that good, but my scores have so far been better than most of the open class shooters at these matches (when we have any show up - tac optics is the hotness, apparently) with my tac optics setup.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    The guy who usually wins Open is kind of a jerk, anyway. Plus, his Saiga sends hot plastic into ROs and any spectators who get too close ;)

Alex

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston

That shot was a little tough for a local match being both offhand and at a B/C target. Should have either gone with the full size IPSC steel or had a rest.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Just run the Saiga. So what if it puts you in open class?

I'm not even that good, but my scores have so far been better than most of the open class shooters at these matches (when we have any show up - tac optics is the hotness, apparently) with my tac optics setup.
    I still can't get it to shoot reliably. I'm not sure if it's mag issue or maybe my AR style magwell.
    The guy who usually wins Open is kind of a jerk, anyway. Plus, his Saiga sends hot plastic into ROs and any spectators who get too close ;)

Alex
    At Impact Zone? The only guy I've seen was really nice. Now are you talking about the small Asian guy?

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I still can't get it to shoot reliably. I'm not sure if it's mag issue or maybe my AR style magwell.

At Impact Zone? The only guy I've seen was really nice. Now are you talking about the small Asian guy?
    No, Dave C at the IZ is a good guy. He's talking about that Alex jerk that shoots TX Multigun at BoTW.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    If anyone is interested in dabbling in Three-Gun, I have extra gear. Everyone who has been over to my shop can quit laughing now...

Pick your poison...all Dreadnaught rifles, sorry, but I have my backup Tac/Scope rifle, Tac/Iron rifle, and Heavy/Scope rifles with associated mags, Benelli M1/Super 90, SX2, and a geeked 870 all in competition trim, and an assortment of pistols (Glock 34, GP6C, G17, G22, assorted STI including a iron sight comp gun in 9mm and a Open gun in 9x23, 6" 9mm, 6" 40), as well as holsters, mag pouches, shell carriers, chest rigs, and all the other stuff that a Master class shooter considers appropriate ;)

I don't have a spare Open rifle, but could assemble one on the Tac/Scope rig and offer a spare (Dreadnaught conversion) Open Saiga, or evena iron sight Saiga if you don't like dots on shotguns.

No "I don't have the right gear" excuses...just add ammo and shoot :D

Alex

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    If anyone is interested in dabbling in Three-Gun, I have extra gear. Everyone who has been over to my shop can quit laughing now...

Pick your poison...all Dreadnaught rifles, sorry, but I have my backup Tac/Scope rifle, Tac/Iron rifle, and Heavy/Scope rifles with associated mags, Benelli M1/Super 90, SX2, and a geeked 870 all in competition trim, and an assortment of pistols (Glock 34, GP6C, G17, G22, assorted STI including a iron sight comp gun in 9mm and a Open gun in 9x23, 6" 9mm, 6" 40), as well as holsters, mag pouches, shell carriers, chest rigs, and all the other stuff that a Master class shooter considers appropriate ;)

I don't have a spare Open rifle, but could assemble one on the Tac/Scope rig and offer a spare (Dreadnaught conversion) Open Saiga, or evena iron sight Saiga if you don't like dots on shotguns.

No "I don't have the right gear" excuses...just add ammo and shoot :D

Alex
    WOW that's a nice offer.

This is how bad I am with a shotgun. My buddy usually places in top 15. The stages with pistol or rifle I beat him most of the time. But add in my shotgun stages and I'm usually in the 20s

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That's an awesome offer. Alex loaned me some shell holders my first time out. I bet he could also get your Saiga sorted out for you... And yes, I was laughing about all the extra stuff in your shop. The filing cabinet still cracks me up.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    WOW that's a nice offer.

This is how bad I am with a shotgun. My buddy usually places in top 15. The stages with pistol or rifle I beat him most of the time. But add in my shotgun stages and I'm usually in the 20s
    If you want to use my Benelli M2 at the IZ matches let me know. I can give you some tips on reloading as well. My shell caddies are all set up for the Safariland ELS system so I can't loan those out unless you have the right belt.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    If you want to use my Benelli M2 at the IZ matches let me know. I can give you some tips on reloading as well. My shell caddies are all set up for the Safariland ELS system so I can't loan those out unless you have the right belt.
    Thanks for the offer. I actually just bought my buddy's SPX. He bought the JM model. I havn't had much time to practice at home with kid, work and school. If you ever had a mid 30s big boned Chinese guy in your squad that's me

You going to PSC at the end of the month?

mike4045

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Victoria
    I am watching the forecast also. I will be driving in from Victoria. Hopefully there will be a match. Hate to get there and find out it is cancelled.

Top Bottom