• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Hey bulldog i had the same surgery done back in Mar '07 they went through my nose drilled a hole in the sinus cavity and took it out. The worst scar you are going to get from it is the one on your stomach where they get the fat to plug the hole they drill. Best advice i can give you when you wake up drink VERY slowly and small sips at a time no matter how thirsty you are. I had a Craniopharygioma in the same spot that measured 1.5cm x 2.1cm. I have had another one pop up here recently in a slightly different spot so i might have to have another surgery in a few months. But good luck brother and i hope you get the gun before the surgery because you might not be ready to shoot again for about 6-8 weeks.

PM Sent.
    DK Firearms

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    wow, 6-8 weeks. Thats rough...

they say im going to be in the hospital for 3-4 days, how long after that until you could function in normal life like work ect? minus shooting.

JOe

Hey bulldog i had the same surgery done back in Mar '07 they went through my nose drilled a hole in the sinus cavity and took it out. The worst scar you are going to get from it is the one on your stomach where they get the fat to plug the hole they drill. Best advice i can give you when you wake up drink VERY slowly and small sips at a time no matter how thirsty you are. I had a Craniopharygioma in the same spot that measured 1.5cm x 2.1cm. I have had another one pop up here recently in a slightly different spot so i might have to have another surgery in a few months. But good luck brother and i hope you get the gun before the surgery because you might not be ready to shoot again for about 6-8 weeks.

PM Sent.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I heal at a much faster rate than most, they put me on a no work/ bed rest status for 5 months after the surgery but i was up and about at the 4 weeks mark. But they also had to remove my nose and rebuild it so that made it alittle worse. My nose had been broken so many times that when they tryed to put the scope up there my nose collapsed on it so hopefully youre times are a little quicker. But look at it this way all the money you are going to save while layed up in bed will just make for a better range day or another piece of hardware to take with you.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    and for the pain after the surgery, the headaches and things like that tell them no Morphine. They made that mistake with me for the first day. Morphine increases intercranial pressure so it just makes the pain worse because its being casued by the pressure.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Be very carefull with the Diabetes Insipidus when you first get out of surgery drink slow and in small sips, Blood will drain into your stomach during surgery and if you start gulping down water like i did no one will want to be in the room with you when it comes back up. But after you get home from the hospital you are going to want to drink atleast 3-4 Gal of water a day, if you dont you will end up dehydrated. I have gotten to the point that i was so dehydrated that it took 30+ attempts to start and IV because no one could find my veins. Im not trying to scare you im just trying to help you out because no one could tell me any of this stuff before mine and it would have helped.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    And it finally came in :)

2hppnpz.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Nice one, JOe! Let us know when you are able to get to the range, I'd be glad to meet up with you and help out if you need it...

Cheers! M²

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thanks guys.

Im off work now untill surgery and im hoping to wake up with a "Good Day" before then so i can get out to the range with it. Im anxious to try it out.

JOe

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    like any gun i own, if im at the range.... people are open to shoot anything i have if they supply the ammo. I get a huge kick out of watching the smiles formed by shooting some stranges guns i own.

JOe

That is a 9mm luger right?

I might take you up on your offer.

: )

Top Bottom